Chapter 43 : Kill Them All

That last sentence sounded so familiar, like a déjà vu. But what was confusing me the most was the ache in my heart. It hurt. It was painful. Sadness filled my being and the need to cry grew bigger after each second.

Why?

"It is simple..." said the voice, but this time the owner was right in front of me. I gasped, I couldn't believe that I was looking at my own reflection. "Can't you see the truth after those memories?" he asked painfully.

Memories? Were they his memories? But we shared the same face, so it was mine too? Impossible, how could this be?

"Who are you?" I really whispered trembling in confusion.

He sadly smiled, "I'm you. You are me. We are the same person."

"H-How?"

His gaze hardened making me shiver in fear, "Deus," I gaped at him. Impossible. They would have told me, right? "It doesn't look like you believe me," and I nodded, I needed the confirmation, but not the one from a Daemon or from Deus or from a book, but from myself. "Let me show you my memories just before your creation."

Again, my sight blurred and I felt myself pushed into a sitting position. My limbs were tied to a chair and some cables on my chest and head. Below me was a tank filled with water.

This felt so real. Not like the last memories, I saw as an outsider. This time, it was as if...

"Let's see how long you last," snickered one of them making me snap out of my thoughts as they walked down the platform.

"Here you go," a voice said before I felt myself fall down into the water.

I held my breath and slowly opened my eyes. I could see the four men smiling as they laughed amount themselves while pointing at me. I tried even harder to swim back up, but I couldn't even move an inch! Soon, I was in need of air and struggled around harder trying to swim back to the surface. I needed to breathe! Air... I needed air... When I thought I was going to faint, the chair was pulled back up making me cough and gasp.

I slowly looked up breathing hard, but before I could catch my breath, I was already falling back into the cold water. It was a matter of seconds before I started to struggle again. And again, before I started to faint, they brought me back up.

Then down... Then up... Down... Up...

When they finally stopped, I coughed as my head was hanging low.

"We need your help Chosen One," a voice said smoothly, but I didn't move. I didn't have the strength to. A woman held my face up, "Chosen One, you have to kill the Daemon King. You have to kill the Daemon King."

"..." I didn't answer as I carefully listened to her. Everything started to get cleared.

"Chosen One, you have to kill the Daemon King. You have to kill the Daemon King!" she continued to shout.

"I have..." I repeated slowly my mouth moving on his own.

"You have to kill the Daemon King," the woman repeated.

"I have to kill..." desperation started to fill my whole being. 

"You have to kill the Daemon King that is your destiny."

"I have to kill the Daemon King... My destiny..." after this sentence, I felt like my heart broke into a thousand pieces.

"That's right, he is the enemy. If you don't kill the Daemon King, will destroy the world. As the Chosen One, it is your duty to stop him."

"My duty... Kill the Daemon... King."

"Yes, that's right and in order to do that, we will help you awaken your powers. Are you ready?" she asked as I mindlessly nodded. "Put him back into the water!"

My view blurred and not because of the water. Soon enough, I was back in front of myself. He had theirs running down his cheeks as he was kneeling down clutching at his chest. He was in pain, the excruciating pain that we went through to have to hate our mate.

I walked toward him and put my hand on his shoulder. He looked up. I understood how he... I felt.

"Please, don't cry anymore. I can't bear to see myself in so my pain," I said as I fought my own tears back.

He said nothing as he continued to stare at me. Then a pain filled cry left his mouth and resounded into my mind. It was so hard to not cry. I could feel his emotions like they were my own. As I took him into my arms, I put his head on my chest and gently rubbed the back of his chest. Strangely, I was also feeling it. I could taste the saltiness of his tears, I could smell the soap Cameron lent to me and I could feel the pain coursing through my whole being.

He wasn't lying. Somehow after that last memory, a strange cloud had been whipped out of my mind. Everything seemed cleared.

He was me. I was him. Cameron was our mate.

When he finally calmed down, I gently took his face between my palms and made him look at me.

"I understand everything now and I believe you. But I just have a small question. May I?" he nodded, "Was it us that was killed that night after we were taken as a hostage?"

He looked into my eyes and only gave me a weak nod. "He told us to wait for him..."

"And we did, but he was taken from us again," I spat the last part. "You know what?"

"What?" he softly asked.

"Let's bring our mate back and kill everyone in Deus? After all, we are the mate of the Daemon King, are we not?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow and stretched my hand to him.

He sat up straight, "You're right. Let's kill them all," he put his hand into mine.

Finally, we could finally save our mate again. Since we... No, I am the Chosen One!