Chapter 20 : Happy with You

Our first class was history like every Monday. For me, it was totally boring and the teacher seemed to have decided to let me alone for some reasons today, but Cameron seemed pretty interested. He was listening to the last minute. Sometimes, he sighed, groaned and chuckled. Each time, he did that, I had to take a whole five minutes to get my head back into my history class. In the end, I thought I listened 20 of my class out from 50.

"So, what did you think about history?" I asked my boyfriend as we get out of the room to get to our next class.

"Interesting. It is true that history is written thought the winners eyes." he looked at me with a smile. "Even if what your teacher explained wasn't a hundred percent the truth."

"I'll need you for the history exams then, but you'll need to follow the book..." I sighed defeated and he chuckled. "However, now, we have a math class. You think you can handle it?" I ask with an eyebrow raised. "Things must have changed after 700 years."

"I think I can handle it. If not..." he turned to face me. "I'll have you help me." his hand reached my face, touching me gently as I leaned into his touch.

"I hope I don't disturb you." exclaimed a way too familiar voice.

We got out of each other touch and look at Jess. I was expecting a smile or a gentle greeting, but that was not the case. She was mad as hell, why? That I didn't know.

"Jess! I'm happy to see you!" I greeted ignoring her sour humor.

"You don't even know how mad I'm at you right now!" she explained while crossing her arms.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"To leave our house and live with your boyfriend without even telling me! I thought we had to tell each other everything."

"I'm sorry... I thought mom and dad told you..." I apologized out of words.

"They did and so did Cameron, but not you." tears started to fall. "I thought... I thought..." she sobbed.

"Hey... I'm sorry Jess. Even if I'm not home anymore, I'll always be your twin brother. I promise to visit you often..." I paused and acted as if I was thinking. "Like every day of the week since we had school and maybe every Sundays for our usual family dinner?" I explained to her with a smile, brushing her tears away.

"You better be." she answered with a smile as the bell rang. "We better get going." she said as we all parted to our different classes.

Cameron and I went to our math class and were behaving ourselves during all our classes before dinner break. He was managing better than I thought, I believed 700 years ago, they also have algebra and things as such even if Cameron told me he never learned it.

At the end of the day, everything went well, except we both had a mountain homework to do for tomorrow. We said goodbye to everyone before going behind the school, where nobody was. In a matter of seconds, we were both back at Cameron's house. We both attacked our homework and finished two hours later. Everything was easier now, with Cameron at my side, nothing seemed impossible. He was perfect, my perfect Daemon King.

"What do you want for supper?" he asked looking at the clock.

"I'm in the mood for choucroute... I don't even know why."

"Then we have to go out, I don't know how to make that." he smiled and opened his arms waiting for me.

"You know a restaurant where they serve that?" I asked as I walked toward him.

"I do. They had been open for a long time now. Close your eyes." he whispered near my ear.

"How long?" I asked my eyes closed.

"Almost five to six generations." he answered and let go of me giving me the cue we arrived.

The meal was absolutely divine, if I wasn't so full I would have had second. I couldn't believe I never went there before. Even though it was a small restaurant, the food portion was humongous for a fair price. We even have a take out for tomorrow lunch.

"I can't believe food can taste so good." I exclaimed as we walk on the street as Cameron chuckled.

"Then we should come back often. I'm enjoying to see you so joyful." he answered while putting his arm around my waist.

"I'm always happy with you. I can't believe I lived without you for eighteen years." I mumbled and looked up at his eyes.

"And me for centuries." he answered back and leaned in to kiss me.