Chapter 38 : New Look

When I came back to consciousness, I noticed that I was alone in the room. What happened? I couldn't remember anything. How long was I unconscious?

"You still there?" I asked hoping the voice would answer, but I got nothing. Did the Daemon King succeed to take him out? "I wonder where he is now?" I mumbled to myself.

"I'm still here," he mumbled.

Startled, I looked around with a hand on my chest. "Fuck, don't do this! You nearly gave me a heart attack." He humphed but didn't say anything else. "Did you get what you want?"

"Not yet."

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked as he grunted. "Why did you say that you were me?"

He stayed silent for a moment, "Because it's true. In fact, you are me not the other way around," he started as another question burned my tongue. "How? It's simple, Deus created you."

"What?" I asked incredulously. "If you're joking, it's not funny."

"Do I sound like I'm joking?" he retorted sarcastically. "Listen, everything Deus told you is false. The body you're now controlling is mine. The one you call the enemy is my mate, my lover. They are only using you. They are the enemy, not Cameron."

"You're lying," I answered as my hands started to tremble. Why was I scared? I knew it wasn't true, so why was I shaking?

He sighed, "Believe whatever makes you sleep at night. But I'm not lying."

With that said, I didn't hear anything else from him for the rest of the day. Everything started to get weirder by the time and it was clear that both sides had a different point of views, but was one of them lying? I couldn't tell. It wasn't as if I started to doubt what Deus told me! But they both sounded so convincing and... Genuine that it became hard to not believe their stories. Were they real stories? What if...

"Don't even think about it!" I scolded myself as I sat on the bed as usual.

┻━┻︵╰(‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

(Matt trying to escape, threw a tantrum, etc, etc.)

How many days had passed? What hour was it? Did Deus know that I failed? These were questions I would never have an answer in the state I actually was. Escaping became futile since it was now clear that I will never be able to leave this room without magic. And I couldn't possibly bribe any daemons since Cameron was the only one I was seeing.

I could only wait. I didn't know what I was waiting for. But I waited.

Suddenly, the room rumbled like there was an earthquake making me jerk up from the bed. Then as soon as it appeared, it stopped. I looked around confused and sat back on the bed with a sigh of disappointment. Maybe believing that someone will come save me was too much.

The door appeared and daemons came in as Cameron stayed at the entrance.

"Do it quick," ordered the King as his minions surrounded me.

I looked as they surrounded me and there were six daemons. They were all wearing a black cloth and three of them were holding a book. None of them looked at me as they did whatever they were doing. There was a long moment of silence and then, they started to chant something. They talked in a language I didn't understand, but it was oddly familiar. Slowly on the ground, a red dot appeared in front of them. As they continued their weird ritual, the dots grew into a luminous red line. It slowly grew longer and bigger until each individual lines met the others. When a circle was made around me, patterns started to appear inside.

It was kind of beautiful. Snapping out of my daze I remembered that I was the one in the middle of this circle. I didn't want to become a sacrifice of any sorts! I tried to walk out of the circle, but I couldn't move a damn muscle. I tried multiple time to move my arm or my leg, but it was as if they were glued. They must be using magic. I looked with horror at the man who was supposed to be my lover.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen to you," he added as he saw my panicked look. He wasn't even the one standing in inside of it! How could he say that as if it was nothing.

Suddenly, I started to feel heavy and collapsed on the ground. My head started to hurt because of the shock and I heard the voice in my head let out a cry of pain. I wasn't the only one this spell was affecting.

"W-what are you doing?" I breathed out my words since I felt like my chest was being crushed.

"Protecting you, trust me," the man answered as he was kneeling in front of me as he eyes glowed red dangerously making me shiver in fear.

After what I thought was an eternity, it finally ended. I let out a groan as I tried to move my arm. I felt like I had been crushed in a sauna. My clothes were sticking to my skin because of my sweat and my muscles were sore.

"Good job, you guys can leave now," said a voice I didn't recognize, but by the authority it had in his tone, I would say it was Cameron, but... Why did he sound so young?

After some struggling, I finally could say up as my back was leaning on the wall. My eyes lazily searched for the daemon but only found... I must have hit my head harder than I thought. I blinked a few times before looking back at him. Or I may have fallen asleep. Yeah, that was the only logical reason.

"You look like you don't seem to believe what your eyes are seeing," he chuckled making me reluctantly look at him. "How do you like my new look?" he spun around making me look at him in horror.

"Please tell me I don't sound and look like that," I mumbled to myself as I saw the perfect reflection of myself in front of me.