Chapter 29 : The Letter

Cameron POV

I was sitting in my living room waiting for a report. So far, my daemons killed eight persons and I was still waiting for the hostage. I was still waiting for the brat and my patience was running low. I felt like I would definitely kill someone, and I think I'll start with the damn human in the cell.

A few days had passed since Matt was taken from me, and I knew that it was a question of time before Deus decided to kill him.

However, I obtained the reaction I was wanted and so far, everything went as planned. Their organization was now chaotic, they put every relative from the higher up to safety inside their base and because of that, we knew their exact location. And today was the day where the kid would be transferred to their HQ. We had to act before he goes to safety or everything would be lost.

I was hoping my daemons would do the job right and Sitri was leading the kidnapping. If he failed another time, I wouldn't be this merciful. His life depended on it and he knew it.

But for now, I needed some anger relief...

A few hours later, I was sitting in the prisoner's cell watching Demon breeding the human. His plea was music to my ears and seeing Demon enjoy himself so much bring a sadistic smile on my lips.

"It seems like you enjoy this much than I thought," I said just to torture Andrew mentally.

"I-I... Am... N-not!" he moaned and tried to face me with an indifferent expression.

"Are you sure? You already came three times. Do you like being fucked by my little pet that much?"

Before he could answer, the door opened and Sitri came in.

"I was looking for you, My Lord."

"I hope you have good news or you may be next," I stated not looking at him.

"Yes, we have the kid."

As soon as he said that, a weight was lifted from my shoulder and a smiled. "Good, continue like that and I'll forgive you. Prepare the room and the kid, I'll be there soon."

"Yes, My Lord," he left the room closing the door behind him.

I sat up and walked toward the attached human and Demon. I put my hand on his head, "Be a good boy and play as much as you want, but remember after you're finished go play in the lake. Who knows what illness he carries with him."

Demon barked twice and continued his unfinished business as I left the room.

Not losing a second, I walked back to my house and went downstairs. I usually kept this part of the house locked to keep Matt away from here. But since he was taken from me, that was a different story.

In the dark room, there was Sitri, two other daemons and of course, the brat who was crying.

"Shut him up before I accidentally kill him." I snapped rubbing my forehead already sensing a headache.

I sat in the only chair available and soon, the kid stopped crying, but was sobbing.

"Report," I said coldly without looking at anyone in particular.

"As expected, Deus reacted to our message. They want to make an exchange, however not the one we wanted. They asked the child's freedom for Matt safety."

As soon as Sitri finished his report or I thought so, I laughed loudly.

"Maybe I wasn't clear enough, humans can be so stupid. Send them this, if Matt isn't the token of exchange I'll turn the kid into what they hate the most a Daemon!"

"Consider it done, but there's more," answered the Daemon.

"What is it?" I asked curious to know.

"We received another letter, but this time, it's from Matt," Sitri took out a letter from his pocket and gave it to me.

I took it but didn't read it yet. In fact, I was impressed by his work.

"Sitri, maybe I had been a bit harsh on you, but you proved yourself worthy to serve me. So I'll forgive you for your mistake. However, that won't happen again," I warned him, but he seemed relieved.

"Thank you, My Lord!" he thanked me grateful.

"Watch the kid and don't let him escape or you'll pay with your lives." I sat up as I ordered to the other daemons in the room.

They positioned themselves, one next to the kid and the other at the door.

I went back upstairs with Sitri right behind me. As we reached the main floor, we went to separate paths, as he went outside carrying my message, I went to my room ready to read the letter.

I closed the door behind me as I sat in the corner of my... our bed. I tore the envelope open and took out the papers inside.

Dear Cameron,

How have you been?

I know it must have been hard on you, trying to find a way to save me. To be honest, I can't wait for the moment where you'll take me home.

You don't know how much I miss you.

But I didn't send you this letter to only say this to you. And you're surely wondering how did I manage to send you this letter?

I learned to control my power, it wasn't easy, but I did it! I can't wait to show you my progress.

So, I made a woman in the organization to send you the coordinate, the plans of the building, the room I am in and other important stuff.

I try my best to rest, but I'll wait for you to come save me this time. I know you'll come, you always do and we will go back home together.

We must also visit my parents and I hope you gave her a good excuse why we didn't come this time.

I love you,

Matt, your mate.

I didn't know how many times read the letter already. He remembered...

He remembered the last words I told him 700 years before.

My mate did all this for me, and if I failed now, I won't be able to forgive myself.

It was all or nothing. And this time, I'll be able to save my loved one...

No matter what.