Hello I'm your new assistant!

[Narrator POV]

I followed behind everyone with Jonghyun still holding my left elbow. His touch made me feel a little closer to him, as if I could I understand him better through this tiny connection. We arrived at the doorway too soon, Jonghyun letting go quickly after making sure that I was okay. Why did you let go so fast? I stepped inside the living room and the scent of home hit me. The room was decorated in a stylish and simple manner; walls and ceiling painted a cream colour like the rest of the apartment, a black sofa, glass coffee table with CDs and music sheets placed haphazardly on top, a plasma screen TV hung on the wall, a light coloured wooden shelf on the side held many DVDs and there was definitely a good sound system with surround sound and everything.

Everyone was already seated and looked at me expectantly. I shouldn’t be shy and should quickly sit down, I thought and sat down in the only empty spot next to the manager. It looked like they were all avoiding the manager. “Eh hem,” The manager cleared his throat.

“First of all, I would like to introduce to you my new assistant – Song Sun-hi ssi. She will be working with us for the year, maybe more.” He smiled and his eyes crinkled at the edges as if he were genuinely happy about this.

“An…annyeong haseyo!” I said, even though everyone already knew who I was. But I still wanted to know more about my position so I asked. “Um, about my training and trial period… how long will it be for?”

The manager placed his hand on his chin, thinking. “Well, I believe the trial period will be for a month or so and your becoming a trainee will go on from there. Otherwise, you’re here for the year.”

“Ah.” So I will have one month of being watched closely for any ‘potential’ or so they say. Becoming a trainee might be hard work but it sounds even better than becoming a permanent assistant. I nodded in understanding. All the band members were looking at each other and Minhyuk opened his mouth to ask something.

“If Sun-hi is going to be your assistant, then we’ll be seeing her more often right?” He smiled at me. Wah, it’s an eye smile! He’s so cute~ Ottoke? I even blushed a little.

“Yes, she will be looking after you if I’m not there.”

“Okay so now that that’s out of the way, what did you come to tell us?” Yonghwa said, sitting up straight and facing the manager. The manager crossed his arms and leaned back. I could literally feel the tension rolling off the others as they waited for what was going to be said.

“How are you doing with the new album?”

“Fine.”

The answer came so quick that I would’ve missed it if I weren’t watching him. The tension had eased a little from the way everyone’s shoulder relaxed, just a bit. The manager nodded and stood up. “Well then, I better get going. I have another appointment as well.”­­

Yonghwa stood up as well and took him to the door. He came back after and sat down. “Aish…” He ran his fingers through his hair. I couldn’t help but admire his thin and lean fingers, and remembered that Jonghyun’s and Jungshin’s were also pretty thin as well. It seems all of their hands were well worn from playing instruments. It was much quieter than before, all of them looking anywhere but at me. “He is a total pain in the butt.” Jonghyun said suddenly, breaking the awkward silence.

“Ne, we should ask if we can get another manager,” Minhyuk mumbled.

“Mhmm, but he isn’t always there to pester us and now that he has an assistant…” Jungshin said looking at me. His eyes searched my face for any reaction. I felt myself blushing again, Ugh why can’t I stop blushing?! I might be giving him the wrong idea!! Jonghyun said something, directing Jungshin’s eyes away from my face. Phew, saved.

“Ah, that means Sun-hi will be looking after us instead!” He clapped his hands in joy and as they all realised this, they looked at me saying, “We’ll be in your care!” in unison and bowed.

“Th…that’s okay! I will be in your care as well!” I bowed to them and smiled, showing my appreciation of their trust. I’m happy that they don’t mind me being around them, probably a lot more in the future too! I gave a small smile to myself as they talked to each about other things.