Jealousy

[Narrator POV]

I had woken up early today to go for a jog. Right now it was 5 am. Pretty early, but a quiet time here in Seoul with not many people around the area. I filled up my water bottle, tucked my keys into my pocket, plugged in my earphones and started my morning jog. This morning routine had begun when I first started as a trainee. The manager wanted me to look even better than I already was – I don’t mean to boast but I was slimmer than most and had a nice face – forcing me to go on these morning jogs. It was tiring at first but I began to grow accustomed to waking early and exercising. It made me feel more in control of how I looked as appearance was important in the entertainment world, not just the talent for singing or dancing.

The air was cool against my face as I went around the block, the music pumping energy and motivation into my system. I even started to hum along. After 3 laps, it was already 7 am. I went back inside to take a quick shower to remove my sweat. I pulled on one of my many newly bought outfits and began to make breakfast. As I was finishing my eggs and bacon, the doorbell rang. The only people who could be at the door were my manager, but she had told me that she calls beforehand; the ahjumma who owned the apartments; or none other than someone from CNBLUE.

Quickly putting the food onto a plate, I wiped my hands on a towel and walked over to answer the door. I opened the door and like I had guessed, it was someone from CNBLUE. Who? None other than Jonghyun. Why so early in the morning? He can always bother me at work! I thought before quickly composing my face into a smile. “Annyeong! What’s up?” I asked casually.

“Hey, can I come in?” He asked and walked past me without my answer, his hands in his pockets.

“Yah, I didn’t say yes!” I shouted after him. I turned to see him sitting on a stool at the kitchen table staring at my breakfast.

I hurried over and snatched the plate away before he could even drool over the food. I rummaged around my drawers looking for a fork and spoon, digging into the food and then smirked at Jonghyun as I ate the food. He scowled before leaning back and crossing his arms.

“So, what did you come over for?” I asked.

Jonghyun took out his phone and put it on the table in front of him. “What’s your number?”

“Mwoh?” I blinked at him in confusion. I thought he already had my number? He saw my expression and answered.

“None of us do. So what is it?”

“Oh, ah it’s xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. But I’m sure Minhyuk has my number.”

“Okay, well I’ll get going then. See you,” he said, tucking the phone back into his pocket and walking outside.

I shrugged, not thinking too much into his reason for wanting my phone number. With my breakfast finished, I washed the utensils I’d used and put them away. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses due to my new idol status and my bag then left. On the way out, I bumped into someone as they descended the stairs.

“Ah, miahne,” I said, bowing to whoever it was. It’s best to be polite in all situations.

“It’s fine. At least you didn’t hurt yourself,” I heard the familiar voice say. I looked up and saw that it was Jungshin. He fixed his cardigan and smiled gently at me, picking up my dropped sunglasses. “Here, you dropped these.”

“Gamsa hamnida,” I thanked him and turned to leave.

[Jungshin POV]

I watched as Sun-hi turned to leave but on an impulse, I grabbed her wrist. I’m not sure why I had done that but I did and it felt right. I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arms around her, holding her close.

“You still haven’t answered me,” I said quietly. She sighed and pushed me away. I released her but held onto her wrists.

“I still don’t know. I had actually forgotten about it,” she said, looking into my eyes earnestly. I couldn’t resist her charm and nodded slowly. I hugged her again and gave her a smile.

“I’ll wait. But promise me you will answer in the next week, okay?” I ran my hand through my hair and walked downstairs. “You coming?” I turned and saw her following.

Together we walked downstairs and saw Jonghyun standing outside, talking on his phone. He didn’t see us come out so I walked over and tapped his shoulder. “Hyung, who is it?”

He just shook his head and held up a finger. “Yeah, yeah. Sure, I’ll be there. I can’t believe you’re making me do this. Alright, bye.” Jonghyun put away his phone and looked at me. “Hey.” Sun-hi came up from behind me and saw Jonghyun. I watched as her cheeks turned a light pink and felt my heart clench from the sight. No, she’s mine! I like her and I will not allow this! I took her hand and pulled her along with me in a random direction. I didn’t care as long as she was far, far away from Jonghyun – even if he was my hyung and I just ignored him, leaving him behind.

I continued walking blindly until Sun-hi pulled her hand out of my grip. Shocked, I turned around to see her bent over gasping for breath. Immediately, I crouched to her height and started to worry. I can’t believe I just did that! I walked too fast and she must hate me now. My jealousy and anger began to simmer down as I patted Sun-hi’s back, my worry for her becoming more prominent than anything else. Since when did I become like this? Falling for a girl and becoming… like this? I shook my head to clear my thoughts as she stood up.

“What the heck was that for? You should know that you walk like a freaking giraffe; your strides are that long! And where are we anyways?” She asked, exasperated with my manner. It was when she asked the last question that I realised we were in some random place. Even I had no idea of where we were.

The place was deserted, no traffic, no pedestrians or any open shops. It was completely abandoned. I didn’t even know there were such places here in Seoul. A chilly wind blew our hair, whipping up dust into our faces. “I’ll call Yonghwa-hyung, he might know?” I shrugged, taking out my phone. But my pocket was empty. Crap.

“Um, I think I forgot my phone…” I rubbed the back of my neck embarrassedly, as she just shook her head and looked in her bag. Sun-hi took out her phone and started to dial a number. When did she get a phone? Most likely since the beginning.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Minhyuk-ah?”

“Ne. What’s up? And have you seen Jungshin? He’s gone missing. Jonghyun-hyung said he went with you.”

I couldn’t bear to listen any further and walked over to a small flight of stairs nearby and sat down. I’ll wait until she finishes talking then we’ll see what happens. So she had Minhyuk’s number already. I felt my jealousy coming back and didn’t dare look up in case I did something rash again. Patience is a virtue, Jungshin. Pabo.