Why're you with me?

His expression of amusement flickered across his face before he promptly turned around and walked away as if I wasn’t even there. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! He just WALKS AWAY?! I thought angrily.

[Narrator POV]

I stomped my foot in anger and wondered where he went. “Argh! At least he could’ve SAID something!” I muttered under my breath, throwing my hands in the air. I wanted to follow him but uncertainty and curiosity lingered at the edges of my mind, one side willing me to go forward and demand an answer from him but the other telling me that something bad will happen if I do that. I stood there, paralysed by my own thoughts. What if I see him… naked? Ah, but that actually wouldn’t be too bad from what I saw earlier, I laughed at my own idiocy. Aren’t things like relationships banned between artists of the same or even different companies? Psh, what does it matter? At least if you lose your opportunity you’ll get a hot boyfriend instead! ARGH! What am I thinking?! I screamed at myself internally.

I paced around in front of the door before I remembered that it was all Hongki’s fault. I yanked open the door, ready to assault him, but he was no where to be seen. “Damn it!” I said before closing the door and leaning on it. What do I do now? Stay or what? I wondered. I checked to see that no one else was around, locked the door behind me and slowly made my way to the showers. I could feel the steam coming from wherever it was and followed it to its source. It’s definitely the showers – with HIM inside.

The steam came out from under a door at the far end of the locker room. I hesitated and stood there, feeling self-conscious of my silly actions but wanting to see. It was obvious enough that he was having a shower and I quickly hurried outside of the locker room, checking the corridor before steeping outside so that I wouldn’t be caught doing something so strange.

---6:00pm---

I hadn’t seen Yonghwa after that little incident and walked home without getting an answer. “I could give them a visit but… that’s weird right?” I said as I swung my handbag back and forth before ascending the several flights of stairs.

“Out of the blue with no prior calling?” a voice said from behind me. I know that voice. I turned around slowly and faced Yonghwa who stood two steps below me.

“I wasn’t going to.”

“Weren’t you coming to demand an answer for my behaviour earlier?” He asked raising an eyebrow. I blushed at the mention of it but my voice was steady when I replied.

“Yes, but I decided that you would probably not tell me anyway. So I’m not going to waste my time.”

I turned around and continued upstairs until I reached the front of my apartment. As I put in the key, unlocked the door and stepped inside about to close the door, he stuck his foot in the doorway preventing me from closing it. He pushed it open and walked in as if he lived there.

“What the heck are you doing? I didn’t say you could come in,” I scowled and crossed my arms, boring holes into his back with my glare.

“Hmm. You finished unpacking everything. It looks nice,” he commented and sat on my sofa, flicking through the books I had placed on the little coffee table.

Fuming with frustration, I stomped over and stood in front of him, taking the book out of his hands. “I asked you, what the heck are you doing?”

He shrugged and put his hands behind his neck, leaning backwards into the cushions. “Nothing.”

“You are clearly doing something,” I huffed, exasperated and at your wits end. It was beginning to annoy me with the way he spoke and acted. Such arrogance.

As I stood there glaring at him without hearing a peep coming from his mouth, he suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me until I sat on his lap. My eyes widened and I scrambled to get away but he held onto my waist and back hugged me. I’ve always wanted a boyfriend to do this but… with Yonghwa? A famous celebrity? Least of all someone who worked in the same company? Sudden flashes of doubt and insecurity bloomed in my mind and I started to feel uncomfortable. Yonghwa was stroking my hair and whispering sweet nothings in my ear but it just felt… wrong.

“Um… can you let go?”

“Ani.”

I sighed and let him do whatever, sitting there in the falling darkness of my own home. But I slowly became more comfortable with the soft strokes and the brush of his breath on my neck. The rhythmic strokes were starting to make me sleepy and after such a long and eventful day, I fell into a deep and dreamless sleep on his shoulder.

---8:08pm---

[Yonghwa POV]

She had fallen asleep on my shoulder as I could feel her breathing evening out. I liked the weight of her head on my shoulder, “I could get used to this,” I said aloud, staring at her sleeping face. Moving carefully, I picked her up in the princess-hold and carried her to her bedroom. I hadn’t been around her house properly after she had put everything away so I had to look into every door before finding it. Her room was dark and I flicked on the lights, illuminating the many plush toys and soft pastel colours of her room. Cute.

I put her on the bed and pulled the covers around her, tucking her in. She looked adorable and younger, but especially vulnerable as she slept. I pulled her chair from her desk and sat beside her pillow and stroked her head, playing with the soft strands of hair and watching the rising and falling of her breathing. Just studying her profile made me want to stay there, protect her from the world and never leave her side. I sighed knowing that she would most likely say no, so I sat there and revelled in being able to see this side of her.

---8:40pm---

It wasn’t long before I too became sleepy and fell asleep, my head beside hers, my hand entwined with hers. I hadn’t felt this happy in a long time. “Saranghaeyo, Sun-hi ah. I hope you’ll… understand me… one… day…” I mumbled.