Change of clothes

[Narrator POV]

After our lunch together, Minhyuk and I walked back to the company to continue with whatever work that needed to be done. There haven’t been many events for them to go to recently but I didn’t mind. Just learning the basics was tiring and now that the Director had said that I… yes, ME of all people, will become a trainee! I jumped up and down, doing a victory dance around the room and stopped before anyone could catch me in the silly act. I went back to walking around the entire building and spaced out as I thought.

Spacing out was definitely not a good idea and I bumped into someone causing their drink to spill over my clothes. I screamed and quickly tried to stop whatever liquid it was that was seeping into my clothes with zero success. The offender just stood there as I did my best to keep the liquid – I realised was just water – from touching my skin. I looked up with an accusing glare and saw that it was just Jungshin. Hadn’t seen him for a while.

“Ahhh~ Chesuomnida! I’ll… I’ll go find some tissues!” He said before running off to find some.

I continued to stand there fanning my shirt as it became see-through, “Great, so embarrassing! I’m such a pabo for wearing a white shirt today!” I said out loud.

Someone coming from the other direction that Jungshin ran for chuckled at my comment. I didn’t hear it and continued fanning looking like a complete and utter weirdo. I only noticed when they stood in front of me, their shoes appearing in my field of vision. I looked up to see Hongki standing there. Eeep! The FTIsland leader! So cute and he’s alone with me~ I thought and a cheesy smile appeared on my face as I stood there admiring his face.

“So how are you? I see you’re having some trouble here.” He gestured at my shirt and I looked down at it as well. My eyes widened in horror when I saw that it had become even more translucent and if I wasn’t pulling it away from my body, he would for sure see my underwear! I quickly pulled my cardigan closed and the cold, damp shirt made me shiver.

“Maybe I can help? I know!” He clapped his hands, “I can ask one of the coordi noonas to get you a dry shirt!” I quickly shook my head.

“No, no it’s alright. I only have another hour of work and I live right next door anyways.”

“Naw, you’ll catch a cold or something and no-one wants that do they?” He smiled and tugged on my hand for me to follow him.

“Ah, but Jungshin went to grab some tissues! He’ll probably be back soon.”

“Okay, then we’ll wait for him and after I’ll take you to get some new clothes.”

Jungshin came jogging back then and handed me the tissues. He saw Hongki and they nodded to each other. “Sorry I took so long.” He said and hung his head.

“Don’t worry! I’m going to get some dry clothes. Komawo.” I bowed and Jungshin waved as Hongki took me to where the coordi noonas were located. When we arrived all the females looked happy as soon as he walked into the room.

“My friend here needs some dry clothes. Could you help her?” He asked politely and they all agreed, pulling me into a dressing room. As soon as I was behind the door, they started taking off my clothes much to my dismay.

“Oh, look at how pretty you are!”

“Such a nice body~”

“Wow, I wish I had your figure.”

They took out some clothes and I pulled them on before they pushed me into a chair in front of a mirror. “Wha-what are you doing?! I only wanted a change of clothes!” I protested when I saw one of them take out a makeup case.

“Don’t you worry! Since you look so pretty, we might as well do a full makeover!” She said and the others cheered.

Meanwhile, outside Hongki could hear the giggles and loud voices through the door as they fussed over Sun-hi. He knew that they would do this since they rarely had a chance to do a girl’s makeup (they were assigned to the boys) and would take any chance if given. He also wanted to show her to Yonghwa, as he had seen him pacing around earlier that morning and Yonghwa only ever did that if he was troubled or worried about something. Hongki was excited to do this and couldn’t wait to see his surprised face!

“Now look! You look ten times more amazing! I bet you could be a model.”

The chair was swivelled around and I faced the mirror. I could not believe that was really me reflected in the mirror and I leaned forward to see more clearly. OMG, I certainly look more glowing. I thanked them and walked outside to where Hongki was waiting. As I opened the dressing room door, Hongki didn’t look up from his phone and continued to sit on the couch with his legs crossed in front of him. I walked to where he was with the women peeking out the door from behind me and I could literally feel their eyes boring into my back. I wondered if he could feel them too.

I stood in front of him and cleared my throat. He looked up and put his phone away, his eyes travelling from my shoes and slowly up my body before reaching my face. The expression on his face was so incredulous that if it weren’t for the couch, he would have toppled over backwards. He whistled in appreciation.

“Wooooow~ You look… hot. I’m taking a picture!” He stood there a second more before taking out his phone to snap a photo of me. I didn’t even have time to react. He gave me a thumbs up before holding my hand and dragging me back outside through corridors and past rooms, people and upstairs.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we walked, him with his long strides and me in my wobbly heels. “Yah! Slow down! I can’t walk so fast in these!” I pulled on my hand to try to slow him down but he continued undeterred like a madman. It wasn’t until we arrived in front of some door that he slowed down. I was breathing heavily and trying to catch my breath before he pulled me into his embrace.

“Goodluck! I hope this turns out well!” He whispered into my ear. Then he held my shoulders, spun me to face the door, opened the door and pushed me right inside. It was only then that I realised what a mistake he had made. I was standing inside the men’s locker room. With Yonghwa standing there and only his lower body was wrapped in a towel. His expression of amusement flickered across his face before he promptly turned around and walked away as if I wasn’t even there. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! He just WALKS AWAY?! I thought angrily.