Haizaki Shōgo ↣ Appreciation

Warning: There's going to be cussing in this one shot!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To: Shōgo
From: (Y/N)
Where are you? I've been waiting here for 30 mins!
sent 1:36pm

From: Shōgo
To: (Y/N)
Be patient. I'm almost there.
received 2:52

To: Shōgo
From: (Y/N)
Haizaki !!! Where are youuu?!
sent 3:08

To: Shōgo
From: (Y/N)
Shogō? Are you coming??
sent 4:01

Haizaki has promised that he's going to bring you to the carnival today since it was your birthday, but he never showed up.

A single drop came, followed by another then so on. You looked up and quietly cursed Haizaki. You ran to the nearest bus stop you could find and stayed there. Shivering, you hug your jacket as close as possible.

'If he's not even gonna come then what's the point in waiting?' you thought, clenching your fist.

You and Haizaki have been friends for as long as you can remember. So him doing this wasn't a shock, but you were still mad.

You felt your phone buzz in your pocket, surprised that it still works. You tried to dry your hands and got it out. A message from Haizaki. You glared at your phone, but tapped on it anyways.

From: Shōgo
To: (Y/N)
Sorry. Can't come. Met this really hot chick. See ya tomorrow
received 5:27

To: Shōgo
From: (Y/N)
It's alright. Have fun.
sent 5:28

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. This wasn't really how you expected your birthday to be, but hey, life is just full of surprises. Haizaki ditching you for a girl is a normal thing, but you thought that if it was your birthday then at least he would've cared, at least a bit, but obviously he doesn't.

Your birthday was mostly spent outside in the rain, then crying yourself to sleep when you got home.

•ONE WEEK LATER•

"Shōgo! Shōgo!" you say, tapping Haizaki in the shoulder.

"Shut up for a moment, (Y/N)! I'm busy!" Haizaki replied, slapping your hand away.

You really wanted to tell Haizaki about how you became a regular for the school's (sport) team, but instead, he was ignoring you, talking to the girl beside him instead.

"But I really want to tell you something, Shogō! It's important!" you said.

Instead of getting an answer, he completely acted as if you weren't there at all.

"Shōgo?" you tried once again.

"So, do you wanna go somewhere later with me?" Haizaki asked the girl.

"I'd love to! Is it just gonna be the two of us?" She said.

Haizaki rolled his eyes then said, "Obviously. Who else would be there?"