Midorima Shintarō ↣ Christmas Tree

Christmas Special #5

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You were, at the moment, humming your favourite Christmas tunes while putting some ornaments on the tree. You put a green one there then a red one on another place then it kept on going until you've placed all 8 that was in your hold. Turning to the side, you see Midorima untangling the wires of the lights.

"Do you need help, Shintarō?" you ask, walking over to him.

"No, it's okay. I got this," he says, focusing his attention to the lights that was in front of him.

You pat his head once then walked to the box full of decorations. You grab some ribbons and some figurines to put on the Christmas tree. After getting them, you go back to the tree and start decorating some more until Midorima called you.

"(Y/N), the lights are ready, nanodayo," he said, holding them out.

"Thanks, Shin-chan! Can you help me put them on?" you said, taking some lights from his hand.

You both start putting the lights carefully around the Christmas tree. You went up and down to try and scatter it as much as possible so it won't look too full.

"I'm done with my lights," Midorima said.

"I'm almost done with mine!" you reply, finishing up.

You walked over to Midorima when you finished putting your half of the lights around the tree. You look at the Christmas tree and smiled at what you've done so far.

"This isn't that bad! We actually did pretty good!" you said to him.

"I agree," he nodded.

"My parents, especially my mom, was so worried when they left earlier! They were all, 'I hope you don't mess the tree up! You've done it before and some of our friends are coming over tonight! Do a good job!'. They are gonna be so happy when they see this!" you smiled.

"We're not done yet, (Y/N)," he said, walking to the box with decorations.

"I know, but it already looks good! I'm so excited!" you squealed.

"You haven't put this up," Midorima said, holding up a star.

"Yeah, I'll put it up later! I'm hungry now, do you want some snacks?" you asked him as you went to the kitchen.

"Sure, I'll have some," he answered, following you.

You got out some snacks from the cupboard and two drinks from the fridge. You laid them out on the table and sat. You opened the packet of (F/Snack) and started eating them with Midorima following suit.

"Thanks for helping me out today, Shintarō! I owe you one! If you need any help, just contact me!" you tell him, drinking (F/Drink).

"It's alright, nanodayo, I didn't have anything to do anyways," he says.

After you guys had a little break, you went back to the living room to finish the Christmas tree. Midorima picked up the star from the box and headed to where you're standing.

"Do you want me to put it up for you?" he asks.

"No, it's okay! I want to put it up myself!" you said.

He gave you the star then you walked to the Christmas tree. You checked it out before figuring out a way to put the star on.

'Damn it... I didn't think this through! I need a chair or something,' you thought.

You grabbed the nearest chair you could find and dragged it so that it's right next to the tree. You stood on it and tried to put the star on, but failed. You got down from the chair and huffed.

"Uhm... Shin... Can you, like-"

"Carry you so you can put the star on?" he interrupts.

"How did you know I was going to say that?" you ask.

"Because I figured the chair couldn't get you high enough and I am pretty tall, nanodayo" he said, walking over to you.

"Come on," he said, opening his arms.

You walked over to him and in between his arms. He bent down and wrapped them around your hips then lifted you up. You put a hand on his shoulder for support as you try and put the star on again. After successfully putting it on this time, you smile and pat his head.

He brought you down and let go of you. You stared at him then smiled. You leaned in and pecked him on the cheek, making him blush.

"Wh-What was t-that f-for, nanodayo?!" he says, covering the lower half of his face with his hand.

"A thank you from me to you," you said, smiling innocently.