Kagami Taiga ↣ Guardian

You stare at your food with a blank expression, playing around with it. Kagami looks at you, worried at how you were acting. He reaches out to you, gripping your shoulder with his hand.

"You haven't even touched your food. What's going on?" Kagami asks.

"It's nothing, Taiga. Don't worry about it," you reply, giving him a tight smile.

He gave you a skeptical look, but brushed it off for now. Kagami's been worried about you ever since you became distant two weeks ago. He's been trying to get you to tell him what's been happening , but you always managed to come up with an excuse.

You stood up from the dining table, throwing your half-eaten food in the bin. You made your way towards your bedroom and closed the door. Kagami quickly finished his dinner, leaving it in the sink and following after you.

"(Y/N)?" Kagami softly knocks. "I'm coming in, princess."

Kagami opened the door and quickly went to your side as you were crying. He hugged you tight, whispering sweet words to your ear.

"Are you alright? What's happening?" He asks you with a gentle tone.

"Tai-"

A knock on the front door stopped you. You froze, it's him. Kagami noticed that you were as still as a rock at the moment, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"Taiga... Can you stay here for now? I-I'm going to get the door." you said, playing with the hem of your shirt.

"You sure? I can get it if you wa-"

"Yes, I'm sure. Stay here, okay?" you interrupted him, kissing his forehead after.

You stood up from the bed, making your way downstairs. You took a deep breath before slightly opening the door.

"Baby! There you are! I missed you," Kyōhei said, smirking at you.

"Go away, Kyōhei. I want nothing to do with you anymore." you said, glaring at him.

Kyōhei laughed, as if what you have just said was a joke.

"That hurt, baby girl. Come on, I know you miss the awesome se-"

"What the hell are you doing here?! I told you I never wanted to see you again!" you shout at him, disgusted at what he was going to say.

Kagami heard you shout, quickly getting up from the bed and to where you are. He saw you and your asshole of an ex-boyfriend at the door. He walks behind you, putting a protective hand on your waist.

"Is there a problem here, Kyōhei?" Kagami speaks up, easily towering over him.

"I-I was just saying that... You know what, never mind. She's useless anyway." Kyōhei said, putting his hands in his pockets then walking away.

Kagami closed the door and faced you. He quickly pulled you in for a hug, saying that you're not useless and that he loves you.

"I'm scared of him, Taiga." you softly spoke, still in the hug.

"It's gonna be fine, (Y/N). I am your guardian after all!" Kagami says, kissing the top of your head.

------------------------------------------

43. "What the hell are you doing here?! I told you I never wanted to see you again!"
53. "You haven't even touched your food. What's going on?"

Requested by: crazed_and_obssesed

Kyōhei was reader's boyfriend, but she/you broke up with him since he was abusive – mentally and physically.
I'm not really sure with this, but hey.