Aomine Daiki ↣ Christmas Lights

Christmas Special #4

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another one goes in the basket... And another one... And another one... You just can't wait to get home to hang all these Christmas lights up and that's the reason why you're rushing through to buy the coolest ones you can find. Getting another box of lights, you put it in the basket. You count the boxes that you've got so far and decided that they were enough. You happily walked – more like skipped, to the counter.

"These are a lot of lights! You must love Christmas, huh?" The cashier spoke.

"Yes, yes, I do!" You happily said.

"It'll be ¥5952.48!" He said.

"Here you go," you said, handing him the money.

He gave you your change and the bag full of Christmas lights. You exchanged your goodbyes and walked out of the store. You happily hummed a Christmas song as you travelled home.

Arriving outside your house, you look across the street and saw Aomine resting on the grass. Usually, you would've ignored him, but the happiness that you were feeling at the moment didn't let you to do so.

"Hi, Aomine! How are you today?" You call out, waving to him.

He opens one eye and looks at your waving form. He grunts then sits up. Aomine furrows his eyebrows at you as you just disturbed his sleep.

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm trying to sleep here?" he groggily said.

"How rude! I was just greeting you! Besides, who sleeps on their front lawn where anyone could play tricks on them?" you reply.

"The he- Did you-?!" he stops abruptly, touching has hair then his face.

"I didn't do anything! I just came home from the shop and I saw you sleeping."

"So you went to say hello even though you knew I was sleeping?" He grumpily asks.

"Uh... Yes?" you sheepishly answered.

He gets up from his sitting position then gave you a glare. He walked into his house and slammed the door. You pouted and made your way to your front door.

"The nerve of that guy! This is the last time I'm going to try and talk to him!" You said, taking your key out then unlocking your door.

(A/N: In this one-shot, you live on your own, just like Kagami (≧∇≦)/)

You gently dropped your bags at your coffee table then plopped down on the sofa. Blowing on the stray hair on your face, you frown as your attempt to get it off fails. You look over to the Christmas lights and thought about when you're gonna put it up.

"I'm gonna start putting them up after I take a nice long shower!" you said to yourself.

After taking a shower, you blow dried your hair then put it up on a (Ponytail/Bun) since it was easier to decorate without hair getting all over your face. You took the bag outside and opened the boxes. Grabbing a ladder from the garage, you set it up to where you're gonna start.

• TIME SKIP •

"And... There. We. Go!" you said as you plugged the lights in.

You stood proudly with both hands on your hips as you look at the design you've made with the Christmas lights. You pull your phone out of your pocket and saw that it was 6:47pm.

"I did a pretty good job!" you exclaimed, taking a photo of the house.

You went inside your house and started to cook dinner. After viewing the photos you took, you sent the best looking one to your mom, saying, 'I bet you'd be proud of me!'

• (ANOTHER) TIME SKIP (SORRY!) •

It was now 11pm when you heard banging on your door. Pausing the movie you were currently watching, you head down. After slightly fixing your appearance, you open the door to find an annoyed Aomine.

"Aomine-kun? What are you doing here late at night?" you said.

"Can't you turn your Christmas lights off at a reasonable hour? They're way too bright and some of us are trying to sleep!" he said, glaring at you.

"O-Oh," you rub your neck nervously. "I'm sorry to bother you with my Christmas lights! I'll turn them off!"

"Good," he said, walking off to his house.

You went back to your room after his appearance. You continued to watch your movie then fell asleep, forgetting to turn the Christmas lights off.

It was now 12:36pm and Aomine was angrily knocking on your door.

'This girl!' he thought, eyebrow twitching in annoyance.

"If you won't turn them off, I'll turn them off myself," he huffs.

He grabs the door knob and twisted it, making it open. He was surprised that the door was unlocked, maybe some people might think he was breaking in, but he was too annoyed right now to actually care. He followed the wire of the Christmas lights and it eventually lead them to the socket. He unplugged all of them and walked out of your house, making sure to lock it.

He lazily walked to his house then up his room. He closes his eyes and enjoys the darkness.

"Finally... I can sleep," he mumbles.