Akashi Seijūrō ↣ For The Best

Warning(s): display of violence, blood

------------------------------------------

You were quite popular with the female population of school, especially Akashi's fangirls since he's your boyfriend. Some of them supported your relationship and even stood up for you, but most of them loathed you because you took away "their Aka-chan".

You didn't care for them though, mostly ignored what they've been saying about you. The fact is, you can't ignore the physical pain that they give you almost everyday.

Akashi knew nothing about your situation because you decided not to tell him. You didn't want to bother him with your problems since you know that he's already got enough to take care of at home with his father. Adding your problems might just make it worse.

At the moment, you were busy spending your time reading a book and eating your lunch in the classroom while everyone else is either at the cafeteria or somewhere in the school.

A disadvantage of eating alone in a classroom is that no one witnessed the girls harm you. That's mainly the reason why you didn't tell anyone, they wouldn't believe you even if you showed them the scars.

"Reading again? Surely you can spend your time better than that?"

There they are. You were starting to wonder if they would show up today.

Averting your attention away from your book, you stare at them with blank eyes until you realised that they weren't the girls who usually came in here.

"You're so pathetic, you know that?"

You start to see one of them grab something from behind. A scissor. Raising an eyebrow, you began to stand up, only to be pushed down to the floor.

"Seijūrō-chan doesn't even love you. He's just dating you because he felt bad."

They grabbed your arm and began to cut it. One by one, they laughed while you pleaded for them to stop.

Akashi heard your voice from outside. His breath hitched, immediately sliding the classroom door.

He froze. He wasn't expecting this.

There you were on the ground, eyes closed while a girl puts cuts on your arm. They were laughing. How messed up.

Akashi swiftly made his way to you, pushing the girls away harshly. He grabbed your arm and examined the cuts, eyes hardening at the blood coming out.

He stood back up, turning around and glared at the girls.

"Don't you dare to ever do that again!" Akashi spoke with a loud voice. "If I ever see you filthy commoners near (Y/N) again, I definitely can and will not hesitate to harm you."

The girls nodded, fearing for their life and ran away. Akashi moved his attention back to you and picked you up. He carried you to the nurse's office where the nurse attended your wounds.

After the nurse had bandaged your arm, she left you and Akashi alone. Silence. That's all you can hear in this room. You didn't dare to speak, afraid of what his reaction might be.

Akashi sighed before looking at you. He walked towards you and held your hands.

"(Y/N)... Please look at me." Akashi spoke.

You did as he said and looked at him.

"I... I think it's best if we break up." Akashi said, making your eyes widened. "Don't think that it's your fault because it's not. It's mine. You being with me caused you to become hurt at other's actions and I can't tolerate that. Even if I tell them to stop, they will always come back when I'm not around. I know that. So please, this is for the best."

"Seijūrō. I don't want you to leave me..." you said, tearing up.

"Us being together will only put you in more harm. I can't let that happen. I'm sorry, (Y/N)." Akashi said, leaning in for the last time and kissed your forehead.

"You can't break my heart like this!" you shouted, but got no reply.

You closed your eyes to stop the tears from coming out, but it was inevitable. By the time you opened them, Akashi was already at the door.

He sadly smiled at you one last time before he left.

------------------------------------------

13. "Don't you dare to ever do that again!"
21. "You can't break my heart like this!"

Requested by: MakotoYagami