Kiyoshi Teppei ↣ Happiness (1)

You were trying to let loose of all the tension in your body, but failed when you accidentally played a note that was different from the part of the piece that you were currently playing. You flinched in pain as you felt the wooden stick hit your left hand, but still continued to play the melody to try and perfect it, even though your hand was stinging. Your father soon went back to his seat behind you after hearing a better result coming from the instrument.

After practicing for hours, you were finally let off to take a break. You stood up from the piano stool then bowed to your father. Closing the door softly, you started making your way towards the dining room. Arriving there, you see your mother smiling at you, gesturing for you to take a seat beside her.

"May I see your hand, dear?" Manami asked, holding her palm out to you.

Hesitantly, you lifted your hand up and laid it on top of hers. She gently examined your hand for bruises as if it were fragile. Her face contorted with pain as she was looking at the newly formed marks. Putting your hand back down on the table, she held it lovingly.

"Your father goes overboard every time he's looking after you while you play an instrument. I'm going to have to talk to him about this again," she sighs, resting her free hand on her forehead.

"It's alright, mother. I'm slightly used to his way of... teaching," you said, putting a hand on top of hers.

"You're growing up to be a strong woman, aren't you?" She smiles, "But I still need to talk to your father about this situation."

The maids soon came with a tray filled with different sorts of food. They start arranging them on the table along with the eating utensils you'll need. Your mother and you thanked them after everything was set up then they left.

"I asked for your favourite to be cooked today since I noticed that you spent more time in the music room as needed," Manami said, laying a napkin on her lap.

"Thank you," you smiled gratefully at her.

You both started eating after you've said your thanks/prayers. You grabbed the serving spoon and put some (F/Food) on your plate. Taking a bite, you hummed in content.

"Is it that good?" she asked.

"Yes, it is! (F/Food) never disappoints me, mother," you said, making her chuckle.

When the both of you were finished, the maids came in to take the dishes to the kitchen. You said farewell to your mother and headed up to your room.

You walked towards your bed and sat on it after you closed your door. Sighing, you lay down. Looking up at the ceiling, you started thinking about how life will be like if you weren't born as a Saeki.

Your thoughts were soon interrupted when your phone began ringing. Turning your head to the side, you watch as it dances on your nightstand. Finally having enough of your phone vibrating, you sit up. You reach towards it and looked at the person who was contacting you.

Teppei is calling...

You smiled then accepted the call from your boyfriend.

•••

"Hello? (Y/N)?" he spoke.

"Teppei!" you exclaimed in joy.

"Hey love, what are you doing right now?"

"Resting, I'm so tired from today! I spent more time in the music room than intended!"

"My poor princess... Should I call tomorrow morning so you can finally sleep?" he asks, tone laced with worry.

"No, no, it's fine. I love talking to you. Just hearing your voice makes me... I don't know... not tired?" you answered, making him laugh quietly.

"Are there any new bruises I need to know off?"

"Well, there's some new ones from today's session."

"Don't worry about it, I'll be there to kiss it better tomorrow!"

"How was your day?"

"It was fine! I love playing with the team! I was missing you though... still am!"

"Aw, Teppei! Well, we're seeing each other tomorrow so you don't have to miss me anymore!"

"That's right! Well, I gotta go now. The team's planning to eat some barbecue!"

"Alright, see you tomorrow!"

"Yeah! I love you so much, (Y/N)-chan!" he says with no hesitation.

"Love you too, Teppei!" you replied, smiling.

•••

You set your phone down on the nightstand and walked to the dresser. Looking at yourself in the mirror, you laugh.

"I look so terrible," you said.

You grabbed your clothes from you wardrobe and headed to bathroom. Once you got there, you took a shower. After drying yourself up, you went back to your bed. The relief from the shower and the comfort of your bed made you fall asleep in an instant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I put random names in for your parents and your last name in this story/chapter!
Also, I'm making this into two parts since it's quite long compared to my previous ones!