Chapter Three

Trinity was sat in the library, drumming her fingertips on her table in an aggravated manner. She slid her phone out of her pocket and checked the time again. Forty minutes late. Julian was going to get an earful from her for making her wait.

Trinity had tutored Julian two times in the past week, and on both occasions she was left waiting. Granted, it wasn't for as long as she had been now, but that wasn't the point. Trinity's time was literally running out, and she didn't want to spend the next two and a half months waiting on a boy who obviously didn't care about her.

She glanced at her phone for the millionth time, and groaned. Forty-five minutes now. She laid her head down on her backpack and closed her eyes. Her head had been pounding non-stop all day, and she just really needed a nap. Now was her chance seeing as Julian didn't seem like he was going to show up any time soon.

Just as she began to drift, something poked her cheek. She slapped it away, but it only poked her again. Her eyes snapped open and threw daggers at the boy in front of her. He tried to poke her again, and she grabbed his hand.

"I would really appreciate it if you didn't do that," she said to him, repeating what he had said when they first met.

He smirked. "Couldn't resist," he threw back, with a roll of his eyes.

Trin rubbed her forehead hard, trying to relieve her sleepiness along with her headache. Julian still stood in front of her.

He observed her. She looked exhausted. Her eyes were suck into her head, surrounding by dark bags. He suddenly felt a guilty pang at making her wait so long for him. He dropped his gaze to his feet in embarrassment. On their way down, however, his eyes caught sight of their hands. She was still holding on to his, and neither of them had actually noticed. He cleared his throat loudly.

Trinity glanced up at him. "Yeah?"

He grinned cheekily. "Kinda need my hand back, darling."

She glanced at their hands, quickly releasing his. "I'm sorry, I'm just really out of it right now." She thought for a second. "And don't call me darling," she added.

Julian cocked an eyebrow as he took a seat across the table from Trinity. "And why not...darling?"

Trinity felt her temper rise a fraction. "Because you're nearly an hour late, and even if you may not think so, I have better things to do than sit at school at day waiting for you, asshole!"

Julian at least had the decency to look like he felt bad for ditching her. He leaned his elbow on the table, reaching up a bit to brush his fringe.

"About that," he began, "I had something to do, and I forgot to tell you about it. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

Trinity noticed that he hadn't exactly said sorry, but she would accept the almost apology nonetheless. "Whatever," she said breezily, "lets just get on with this, yeah?"

He nodded, obviously glad that she didn't yell at him again.

They began their study session, working on the Calculus homework that had been assigned that day. Turns out, both of them were in the same math class, surprisingly. Both of them were okay with that though, seeing as it made it easier on Trinity to keep up with what he needed to know.

About an hour into their study session, Trinity and Julian were both working on a math worksheet when she noticed his fingers tapping on the table. She glanced up at him, seeing an earbud in one of his ears, and wondered if he had been listening to that the whole time. She could hear the faint sound of what sounded like Ed Sheeran coming from the earphones. She cocked her head to the side.

"Ed, huh?"

Julian looked up at her, startled. "Hmm," he questioned quietly.

"Ed, you're listening to Ed Sheeran, right?"

He looked taken aback for a second before grinning. "Yeah, I am actually. Do you listen to him?"

Trinity nodded brightly. "Yeah! He's amazing, his vocals, his guitar playing, everything. I actually really want to see him live one day."

Trinity's mood dimmed slightly as she realized seeing Ed live would never happen when she was so close to her end date.

Julian noticed her smile fall, and spoke up quickly, "I didn't think you would listen to him to be honest."

She tilted her head, "Why is that?"

"Pretty girl, smart, talented and has a good taste in music? That's practically unheard of."

Trinity blinked and stared at Julian for a second, before she threw her head back in a loud laugh. "Thanks," she giggled," but I'm definitely not that special."

Julian just smiled. "Sure you aren't. Anyways, what other kinds of music do you like?"

They talked for the remainder of their study session before Julian spoke up saying he had somewhere to be.

Before they parted ways, Julian reached out to grab Trinity's arm. "Wait, give me your phone."

She nodded, handing it to him, silently watching as he punched in his number. "This way, I can let you know next time if I'm going to be late."

He handed her back the phone, and she smiled as she saw that he put his name in along with the cute monkey emojis she loved. They smiled at each other, turning in opposite directions, and walking away.

Both of them had the same thought running through their minds. Maybe tutoring wouldn't be so bad after all.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

More cutesy.

Enjoy-

~Alyssa xx