Chapter Fourteen

Trinity woke the next morning with a heavy weight on her stomach. Glancing down with bleary eyes, she saw that Julian fell asleep in the same position that he had been watching movies. She giggled and patted his hair down affectionately. Off to the side, she heard her phone give a tiny ping.

Reaching over to grab it, she checked the screen to see an incoming call.

Skylar.

She answered immediately.

"Hey babe."

Skylar responded quickly, without a greeting. "So I've been thinking...," she trailed off.

"That never leads to anything good," Trinity responded, dryly.

"Oh hey, how 'bout you shut the fuck up for a sec, yeah?"

"You're a little spicy this morning, I like it."

Skylar snorted, " And you're a fucking tool, the same as every other day of your life. Anyways, I was thinking about the last time we saw each other. You promised me a day for us to talk and I'm collecting."

Trinity smiled brightly, becoming very aware of how much she missed her girl friend.

"Of course, you free today?"

"I'm free right now if you want to pop over for a bit."

Trinity's eyes fell on the boy still fast asleep on her belly.

"I'm a little preoccupied at the moment. Julian's over."

The other side of the conversation was silent for a millisecond before her friend busted up with laughter.

"You dirty slut! You did the deed didn't you!?"

Rolling her eyes, Trinity threw back, "No, I'm not easy like you. We just watched movies and had a sleep over."

Still giggling, Skylar said, "Hey, I'm not easy just cause I live a little, you prude. So since you and Julian are still having your special time, do you want to come over around one?"

"Sounds like a date, honey buns."

"Cool, bring a suit."

With that, Skylar hung up. Trinity stayed on the line for a few seconds before she realized she wasn't getting a farewell. Typical.

"Do you have a secret boyfriend I don't know about, darling?"

Her eyes snapped to Julian, who still looked like he was asleep.

"If I told you that, he wouldn't be much of a secret anymore, would he?"

Julian flipped onto his stomach and crawled up the bed until they were face to face. He dropped his head next to hers and closed his eyes again, obviously still exhausted. "I don't know how you're seeing anybody when you spend all of your time with me, loser."

Trinity observed him. He had small bags under his eyes, and from the split second that they has been open, she noticed that they were bloodshot. For once, she wasn't the one looking the worst of the two of them.

Julian cracked one rose red eye open to stare at her, waiting for a response.

"It was Skylar."

"Hmm," he hummed back unenthusiastically. He still wasn't over her attitude from their first encounter.

"We're gonna hang out today."

"Oh yeah," he mumbled.

Trinity nodded, even though he wasn't looking at her anymore. "Yup, so we've got to get up."