Chapter Two

Trinity's first order of business the day after she was released and back at school, was to quit the team. She was honestly devastated.

Ever since she recovered after her leukemia, Trinity threw herself into dancing. She took ballet, tap, jazz, even hip hop. It was one of her passions, one that led her to cheering.

Having to give that up was tearing a hole in her chest.

Trinity walked out onto the field where the rest of the girls were having a meeting before homeroom.

"Hey guys," she called out.

They all screamed, and ran over to her. Immediately, they began hugging her and asking if she was alright. Some of the girls even went as far as pulling at Trinity's limbs, inspecting each one individually.

Trinity laughed, she'd miss this. "I'm fine, just a few small stitches. Nothing big."

She didn't like to lie, but Trinity didn't want anyone to know what was going to happen to her. In the end, it'd be easier for everyone.

Trinity put on a big grin, "Sky, can I talk to you for a few seconds?"

Skylar looked confused, but nodded nonetheless.

"What's up hot stuff?"

"Well," Trinity started, " I'm quitting the team."

Skylar just blinked. She couldn't believe it. Everyone knew that Trinity practically breathed cheerleading. She loved being apart of the team.

"What? Why?" Skylar demanded.

Trinity stared at the ground. "I just can't anymore Sky. It's too much, and I just.. I'm done. "

Skylar stared her in the eye. "Trin, you know you can tell me anything right? "

The other girl nodded.

"So, you're sure you want to quit then?"

Blinking back the tears, Trinity's eyes stayed glued to her feet. "Yes. I'm sure. "

Skylar just held her head. "Okay. I'm sorry to be losing you," Trinity flinched at her choice of words, " but I respect your decision. Just remember I love you okay?"

Trinity smiled, " Love you too Sky. Tell the others for me okay? I don't think I can. "

Skylar nodded, and hugged Trinity before heading back over the the rest of the girls.

As Trinity was about to go inside, she turned around and stared at the Wellbarrow High Cheer Squad. Her best friends for the past four years, some for longer.

And she turned around, knowing that she was leaving them behind, she had to. She kept repeating that to herself to stop the tears from flowing. She was protecting the people she loved, and that was all that mattered.

She left her second family behind and promised herself that she wouldn't put them through the hurt of watching her fade away.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

School dragged on for the next week. Trinity was bored out of her mind without any extracurriculars and decided to go to the extreme to keep herself busy.

That's how she ended up in the library waiting for the student she was supposed to be tutoring. He was ten minutes late.

Trinity let her mind drift to the past week. School was hard. Her condition was progressing rapidly, and she was starting to become exhausted a lot more. Her headaches were more frequent, and incredibly intense. There also seemed to be a constant ring in her ears that she just couldn't get rid of.

She didn't give up though, she wanted to graduate. She would do anything to do it.

Even if it killed her.

Her mind wandered back to the boy she was waiting for. Julian Andrews. According to the principal, he was failing most subjects and needed as much help as he could get. Lucky for him, Trinity was an amazing tutor, and had all the time in the world to help him out.

Julian walked into the library just then, and looked around. He finally spotted a girl hunched over some textbooks, deep in thought. Assuming this was his new tutor, he walked over to her table and sat down.

Trinity looked up to see a very cute boy sitting opposite of her at the table, staring at her. He had dark brown hair, with what looked like blue tips, that was covered by a gray beanie. His eyes were a light green that looked great with his tan skin.

Trinity also noticed something else that caught her attention. A dimple.

Without thinking, Trinity leaned over to poke it. As soon as she made contact with his skin, he grabbed her hand and pulled it from his face.

He gave her a funny look, and released her hand. " I'd really appreciate if you didn't do that. "

She glanced down, embarrassed, as Julian looked at her intensely. He found her very pretty, beautiful even. She had long curly hair, dark skin and incredibly large eyes that were almost an amber color. Eyes that looked extremely tired.

Trinity looked up at Julian, and grinned when she noticed him inspecting her. Forgetting all about her embarrassment, she laughed out a quiet 'sorry'.

She wagged her eyebrows and said, " Ready to get started señor? "

He laughed. "Not really. But I would like to pass my senior year, so come on. Teach me. "

She grinned at him and opened her book.

"Alrighty, here we go. Let's start with science..."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

HI. So there's my second main character being introduced.

Two things :

-Julian is seriously my dream guy. Tan, green eyes, colored hair. Gorgeous

-That dimple thing is something I do all the time. I love dimples, so cute :3

Aha, but getting back on track now. That was the new chapter! Obviously... Hope you like, even though it's pretty short.

Enjoy!

~Alyssa xx