Chapter Six

Trinity woke up to a bright light hitting her face. She groaned, still exhausted, and threw her blanket over her head. For a moment, she just lay there sleepily before she sat up with a jolt. It was Saturday! She had to meet Julian for tutoring today!

She grabbed at her bedside, searching for her phone. She checked the time once she got it in her hand and her heart missed a half beat. It was two-thirty in the afternoon! Her sickness always made her tired, but she had slept for nearly thirteen hours!

Gasping, Trinity jumped out of bed and started getting ready. Within fifteen minutes, she was done and downstairs. She paused by the kitchen, contemplating leaving a note for her parents. She decided against it though. She was still angry with her mom and dad from the couple nights before, and she was technically an adult. She didn't need to leave notes or check in with anybody.

Sprinting out the door, Trinity high tailed it downtown. The walk was about ten minutes long, usually, but Trinity made it there in about eight minutes. Sighing as she walked through the library doors, she kept her eyes to the floor as she maneuvered to a table near the back.

"Hey, Trin!" a male voice called.

Trinity's head snapped up and her eyes met Julian's. He was here before her!

Smirking, as if he knew her thoughts, he said, "Not late for once. Pretty good, huh?"

Trinity just nodded, sort of frazzled. "Yeah, I'm so sorry I'm late! I woke up late, and I walked here so that made me even later. I hope you didn't have to wait here too long! I-"

Julian put his hands over her mouth. His eyes were lit up in an amused way. "Hey, it's cool. I had something I needed to check out, that's why I was here so early. Don't freak out on me, Darling, breath."

Trinity rolled her eyes at his stupid nickname, and pointedly raised an eyebrow at him, looking cross eyed at his hands. He caught the message, and released her, muttering a 'sorry'.

She just laughed and began walking over to a table near the back. Julian smiled at her back. She was in a good mood today, and knowing that brightened up his attitude. Truth be told, the last week had been hell for him, but for some reason, the days that he met up with Trinity were considerably better than the days that he didn't.

Following her to the back, they set up camp at a table nearest to the most secluded corner of the library.

Trinity looked up at Julian with a half-smile, "I don't think the librarian would be okay with us blasting our music. Looks like we'll be studying in the quiet, boring, old fashioned way."

Julian shook his head and stood. He pulled his chair over next to Trinity's, and sat back down. He grabbed his bag and reached inside of it, pulling a pair of headphones back out. His iPod was already in his hand, so he plugged in the headphones, handing one ear to Trinity and keeping one for himself, before pressing the shuffle option.

"Today, we're listening to some of my music for once."

Trinity's cheeks heated up at his closeness, but she just nodded silently, sticking the ear bud in her ear. One of Sleeping With Sirens new songs was playing. She gave it an approving nod, "Good album."

Julian looked at her from the corner of his eye, "Think so? I haven't heard all of it yet."

"Yep, really different from their last one, but it's got good songs. I wasn't disappointed."

Julian grinned. "I'll make sure to listen to it all the way through then, but until then, lets get to work boss."

They were at the library until around seven. As they were leaving, Julian offered Trinity a ride home, and she accepted. Getting into his car, she noticed the book in his hands. It must have been the one he wanted to check out. The cover said The Beatles Complete Chord Songbook. Trinity was surprised.