Chapter Thirteen

Ness knocked lightly on Trinity's door. "Hey daughter of mine, Julian is here for you."

Trinity nodded absentmindedly, not really registering what her mother said until she heard Julians voice float through her room.

"You're looking quite sexy, darling."

Trinity blushed and looked down. She was wearing a pair of tiny boxer shorts and a sports bra.

"You're an idiot. Pass me a pair of sweatpants from the bottom drawer please."

He rolled his eyes, complying. "Hey," he whined sarcastically, "I didn't say you should cover up. I enjoy the view."

He winked before throwing the pants in Trinity's face and falling face first onto the bed.

She snorted. "Such a fucking charmer, really."

She shimmied into sweats, pulling them over the boxers, and sat crossed legged next to Julian. She smiled softly at him and took off his beanie.

He glanced up at her momentarily. "Play with my hair?"

He gave a pathetic puppy dog face that Trinity giggled at.

Her fingers began to slip through his hair, catching slight tangles from time to time. She heard him muffle a quiet thanks into her bed. After about ten minutes, neither of them had really spoken and Trinity began to worry.

"Juju... you okay?"

He just shook his head silently.

Her fingers paused. "What's wrong?

"Play with my hair."

"Julian, what is wrong?"

He turned over with a sad look in his eye. "Just play with my hair, please, Trin."

She nodded unsurely and her fingers continued to run over his scalp.

Another five minutes passed before Julian spoke. "My stepdad is a dick."

Trinity's fingers faltered slightly, but she didn't stop again.

"Why?" she questioned in a whispered tone.

"The day the guys from The Maine came in, they weren't supposed to be there. I was doing them a favor and Jackson found out. I'm not allowed to be there anymore. No more recording. No more producing."

A single tear fell and Trinity could feel her heart cracking. She caught it on his cheek, and wiped it away.

"It's gonna be okay," she said soothingly. "He can't keep you out forever."

His bright eyes opened, seeming so dull. "Yes he can."

She sighed, "Why don't you say something to your mother?"

He shook his head and pressed his face into the side of her leg, blinking back tears of frustration.

"Jackson's a dick to me, but he loves my mom. He makes her so happy, I'm not going to ruin it."

"But you aren't happy Julian, what are you going to do about that?"

He mumbled something incoherent into her leg.

"What?"

He moved his face so that she could hear. "I said, that's why I'm here. You make me happy Trinity. As weird as it is, being around you just puts me in a better mood.

Trinity couldn't stop the smile that stretched across her lips, and she couldn't pull herself back once she leaned down to press a solid kiss to her friends cheek.

"We aim to please, Jules."

His eyes went wide before he busted up with laughter. "Did you just quote Fifty Shades?"

"I quoted it, but you knew where it was from immediately. What does that say about you?"

That shut him up quick, and this time Trinity was full of giggles. "Come on, pervert. Let's go find a movie and goodies."

Julian grabbed her hand as she got off the bed and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, looking her up and down. "I think I found my goodies already."

"Stop being a pig, come on." She tugged his hands.

Julian rolled off the bed and followed her into the kitchen. Nessa was just leaving and Julian saw her raise an eyebrow at their linked hands, but he chose to ignore it. Instead, he smiled charmingly. "Evening, Madame."

She blushed and laughed as she continued walking to her room.

Julian nudged Trinity with his shoulder, "I can make your mom blush easier than I can make you blush."

Trinity scoffed and pulled away from him. "You're disgusting."

"Hey I'm only stating a fact, don't hate me cause I'm beautiful, darling."

"Beautiful isn't the word I'd use, honestly."

Julian leaned his head on her shoulder and grabbed her sides, "I'm wounded, I really am."

He started tickling and she squirmed away quickly. "Stop being an ass and find some junk food."

They both grabbed some sugary foods and popped a large bag of kettle corn before stopping by the living room to grab an array of movies.

"Are you stating the night?"

Julian shrugged, "Only if your parents don't mind."

Trinity didn't think they would at all. Her mom loved Julian to bits. "I'll go ask right now."

He nodded and walked to her room.

Trinity stopped by her parents bedroom and peeked in. "Do you mind if Julian stays the night?"

Her mom shook her head. "No, but Trin? You've gotta tell him soon baby. This isn't go to end well for either of you."

Trinity felt her eyes prickle. "I know."

She closed her bedroom door behind her and nodded to the boy on her bed. "It's all good."

He grinned and took out his phone. "Cool. I'm just gonna text my mom and let her know."

He finished with his phone and threw it to the side. Trinity maneuvered into the bed, making herself comfortable after popping one of the movies in. Julian shifted so that his head was resting on Trinity's stomach and his body was slanted on the bed.

"Comfortable?"

He snuggled into her belly, "Yes, actually."

Trinity smiled. It faded quickly as she thought about what her mother said. She should tell him.

"Hey, Jules?"

He glanced up at her. His eyes were shining again, no longer dull and sad. She couldn't bring him down again. Not today.

"Uhm... you feeling better, bud?"

He gave a boyish smirk, "Much."

They both turned to look at the tv again.

Trinity's heart was beating painfully.

"Good," she whispered hoarsely.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hi!

So Thursday was my birthday, and today I went to see The Vamps to celebrate with my friends and came home and had dinner with my family. I was in such a good mood, I thought, "Why not update my lovely story?"

And here you are, the next installment of HLOM.

Enjoy!

-Alyssa xx