Chapter Fifteen

As consciousness began tugging at the edge of Trinity's, she became aware of the hot bursts of air hitting her cheek. She glanced blearily to the side to see Skylar fast asleep on her shoulder with her mouth wide open. Trinity giggled and patted the cushions around her for her cellphone to snap a quick picture.

She quickly sent the image to Julian, knowing he'd find the girls unattractive sleeping face amusing. Once the message signaled that it was delivered, Trinity began working on untangling herself from the blanket. She wasn't worried about waking Sky up, as she slept like an absolute rock.

Standing up, she stretched out and cracked her back while her eyes searched for her overnight bag. She zeroed in on it and walked over to it. She pulled out her toothbrush and a change of clothes so that she could shower and wake herself up a bit more.

Trinity went through her normal process of getting ready in Sky's bathroom. After a shower and brushing her teeth, she decided to make herself up a bit. She stole a bit of Skylar's hair products and make up in the process, but her friend wouldn't care at all. She would be more preoccupied with the fact that Trinity actually put in more effort to being girly.

When she was done with everything, she escaped back to the room to see Skylar still sleeping on the couch. She didn't wake her, knowing that she had gone to sleep later than she had. She needed a bit more rest. Checking her phone again, she saw that she had a new message from Julian.

'Way to ruin my morning.'

There was an attached photo of him with a hand covering his eyes.

She snapped a picture of herself with her tongue out and sent it along with the words, 'Be nice.'

He replied immediately with another picture of himself, this time with his eyes wide open and eyebrows raised. He only sent along one word. 'Damn'.

Even though he wasn't there, she still blushed lightly. She was about to set down her phone when it began to buzz. It was Julian.

She answered and waited for him to speak.

"Hey, darling."

She smiled, "Hey there, Juju."

They were both quiet for a minute and Trinity took the time to go lay on Skylar's bed. Her body was aching with the feeling of exhaustion.

Julian sighed. "I'm bored and I miss you. When are you going to be done with your play date?"

"I was going to say I missed you too, but your being a little snippy this morning. I'm not sure if it's because it's still early or because you have an attitude about me being with Skylar. Either way, I'm not so sure that I appreciate it."

"I just don't see why you want to be around her. She's a b-."

Trinity cut him off, "Don't finish that word. She's been around a lot longer than you, Julian. I'm not going to cut her off because you're jealous."

"Jealous?" he scoffed moodily. "As if. I just hate rude people and she fucking rude."

"You met her once, and it was on a bad day. You have no clue what she's like," Trinity retorted with a roll of her eyes. "You don't get to judge a perfectly good person because she had one off day. That was my fault to begin with anyways."

"I still don't like her."

"Well you can shove that opinion up your-"

"Hey," Skylar shouted from the couch, "I know you're fighting over me and it's not worth it. Tell him to come meet us here today so we can all hang out. He can really get to know who I am. Just please, for the love of God, shut up. I'm trying to sleep."