Chapter Five

After school, Trinity didn't have any plans, seeing as Julian canceled on her. She was still disappointed, but kept in mind that they had the whole weekend together.

Sighing, Trinity went to the library to check out a book for English before she started off towards home. On her way, she passed by her old dance studio and smiled. It brought back a lot of memories. This dance studio was the place Trinity went to get rid of all her fears. This is the place where she met so many other people and came out of her shell. This is where she came to be known as more than the girl who had been sick with cancer.

Trinity laughed to herself as she walked further down the street. Once a cancer girl, always a cancer girl.

As she was about to turn the corner, she heard somebody shout her name. She twisted around to glance over her shoulder and put a hand over her eyes to block the sun. After looking for a second, she realized that the person calling her was her old dance teacher.

"Mrs. Cox!" she called gleefully, "I've missed you!" Ignoring the fact that Trinity's parents were probably waiting for her to get home, she rushed over to her old teacher and gave her a hug.

Mrs. Cox giggled, "Hey there, Trin! Holy crap, it's been so long since I've seen you honey! How are you?"

Trinity's smile twitched at the question. Well, she was dying, but she definitely was telling Mrs. Cox that. "Oh I've been really good, I actually started tutoring a boy from my school. And, I got my acceptance letter to Harvard!"

The middle aged woman gasped, "Oh, I'm so proud of you!" She grabbed Trinity in another hug. "Are you excited to be going?"

"I'm ecstatic." Trinity's eye twitched at the sort of lie. She felt bad, but she didn't want people to look at her for the next two months and only see the dying girl that she was.

Mrs. Cox grabbed Trinity by the hand and pulled her into the studio.

"Come and help me with today's class, Trin? It will be so much fun, just like old times."

"Oh, I don't know Miss. I haven't been dancing lately, I'm probably all rusty and out of shape," Trinity replied sullenly.

"Nonsense, you were always my best dancer. And weren't you cheering? How are you out of shape?" she questioned, obviously confused.

"I quit. I wasn't feeling it anymore."

Mrs. Cox frowned deeply, knowing that dancing was a large part of her life. Thankfully, though, she didn't say anything on the subject.

Trinity ended up caving in to Mrs. Cox's request to help lead the class. She found that she wasn't too rusty after all, and the class was a younger one, so Trinity knew their routine already from her years at the studio.

Trinity actually had a lot of fun with the younger kids. Many of them had a great deal of potential, she could see it already. The girls were all graceful and the boys were strong and sturdy, and both were very serious when it came to the routine. Watching them all dance together put a smile on Trinity's lips. This was one of those moments she lived for. The bright innocence and joy that surrounded her made her heart soar, and brought tears to her eyes.

About an hour and a half after class began, it ended, and all the kids had to leave. On their way out, each of them wrapped their tiny arms around Trinity and gave a small 'thank you'. It was really touching.

Once everyone was gone, Trinity turned to her old teacher. "Mind if I stay a bit longer and dance?"

She grinned, "Course not! Actually, here. This is a key to the studio. When you're done, lock up, and feel free to come back whenever , okay?"

Trinity just nodded and smiled. They shared a brief hug before Mrs. Cox left, and Trinity went back into one of the smaller rooms, one used to practice solos. She walked to the stereo that sat in the corner, and plugged in her iPod.

Be still

And go on to bed

Nobody knows what lies ahead

And life is short

To say the least

We're in the belly of the beast

Trinity smiled and did a twist. Going with the flow of the song, she continued moving in a fluid like manner. The song filled her up, and when the piano started playing, she spun out, moves bursting.

She could feel the buildup of the song in her veins, pumping into and out of her heart in a quick manner.

Don't break character

You've got a lot of heart

Is this real or just a dream?

Trinity stopped towards the end of the song, and collapsed to the floor. The tears had started when she had begun to dance, and they had only increased their flow. Sobbing into her arms, with The Killers playing all around her, Trinity was finally coming to terms with her reality. She was the walking dead girl. Her body was destroying itself, and there was nothing she could do about it. The dancing, the tutoring, the life that was living right now would cease to end in a few short months and then what? She would fade and become a stinging memory in the minds of those that knew her.

But they would move on, and memories of her would fade.

Crying out her last bits of tears as the song ended, Trinity wiped her face dry. She stared at her reflection in the mirrored walls. Her eyes looked as if they were popping out of her head because of the extremeness of the bags that surrounded her eyes.

Sighing, she stood and gathered her things, grabbing her iPod from the docking station and left the studio. Once she was out, she locked the door behind her and slid the key onto her keychain. For a moment, she just stared through the glass of the studio, remembering.

Eventually, she left. She walked home along the almost empty streets, lost in the things around her. She stared at everything she passed, engraving it in her memory.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

When she walked through the door of her house, she found her parents both at the kitchen table with worried looks on their faces.

"What's wrong," she asked them, confused.

Her mom jumped up and squeezed her, "Oh, baby, you're home! We were so scared that something had happened to you!"

Trinity stepped out of her mother's arms and glanced at the clock on the stove. "You do realize it's only six, right? And you know that my curfew isn't until midnight, right? I mean, you should, you guys are the ones that set it."

Trinity's dad stood, palms out, as if sensing an argument. "We were just a bit worried because of the situation-"

She interrupted her dad, "Situation, Dad? Is that what we're calling it now? I know I'm fucking dying, but I am not dead yet. So, I would appreciate if you let me live whatever life I have left, without freaking out every time I step out of the house."

Her mom gasped, "Don't swear at your dad! We understand-"

Trinity stopped her with a chilling look. "No. you really don't."

With that, Trinity escaped to her room. Once she was in bed, she felt and inkling of guilt at the way she spoke to her parents, but before it could become full blown, she was already asleep.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The song I used when she was dancing was Be Still//The Killers.

There's a video of it over in that direction ~>

Enjoy!

-Alyssa xx