Chapter Ten

Skylar's electric blue eyes were alight with fury as she stared Trinity down. Trinity met her stare with a timid look, and wasn't even aware of Julian's arms around her shoulders until he spoke.

"Trin... You okay, Darling?" he questioned.

Trinity just nodded, and held up one finger to him, silently asking for a minute. He released her and she walked the short distance to greet Skylar.

She was nervous and scared, because she had been avoiding her old friends as best as she could for the last few weeks. Skylar especially, seeing as she could see through Trinity like you could see through water. It was a scary ability, honestly, but something that was expected after so many years of friendship.

Trin had reached her friend by this point and tried to grab one of her hands in a white flag gesture. Skylar immediately took a step back, and that hurt Trinity more than she would like to admit. She knew she deserved it though.

"What the fuck, Nini?" Skylar growled, slipping an old nickname into her words unconsciously. "The past few weeks, me, and half the other girls on the team, have been trying to get in touch with you. You've ignored our calls, texts and managed to dodge us at school. Then I come here and see you fucking singing the night away with this random idiot, with not a worry in the world? What. The. Fuck, " she repeated, dangerously close to losing what little was left of her temper.

Trinity looked at her feet, unsure of how to respond, when she heard Julian cough from behind her.

"I'm slightly offended by your choice of words," he said in a stony voice.

"I'm slightly offended by your choice to breath my air, but guess what, Asshole-" Skylar began, but Julian quickly cut her off.

"And," he continued, "we should take this argument elsewhere. We're bothering these poor customers. Not great business for the managers."

Skylar looked ready to rip his head off, but Trinity didn't give her the chance. Grabbing both of their hands, she pulled them outside and close to the alleyway next door.

She glanced at Julian with a face of regret. "Would you be upset if I asked you to leave?"

He looked at the two girls. The black haired one was staring at him with a standoffish look in her eye. Trinity just looked exhausted. He was fuming. He had taken her out tonight to get her mind off things, to make her smile. Now, she was ditching him. Again.

Trinitt watched Julian's face while he examined the both of them. His mouth was set in a grimace and his nose was flared. She knew she would be in for hell later on. Reaching out, she grabbed his hand and gave him what she hope was a silent look asking for forgiveness.

Julian either didn't understand the look, or didn't care because his eyes closed off and he turned and left without a second glance back.

"Fuck," Trinity breathed out.

"Boohoo," Skylar said rolling her eyes. "Is your boyfriend upset? Maybe if you decided to be a better friend these last few weeks, this couldve been avoided. But no, you've been off with that clown doing who knows what, not giving two shits about the rest of us. I bet he made you quit the team didn't he?"

"Shut up." Trinity's emotions were raging through her and she couldn't think straight. "You don't know anything, Sky. You've got no clue what you're talking about." A single tear dripped down her face.

Sky's features softened the slightest but at the bead of moisture. "Well whose fault is that, Nini? Tell me what's wrong."

At that, Trinity broke and the floodgates tore open. She sat on the cold concrete and let everything loose. She was dying. Her parents had to sit and watch her disenegrate, day by day. Julian was getting under her skin and into her heart and she just didn't have it in her to tell him what was happening to her. Sky's heart shattered for her friend and beat with regret at her venomous words.