Chapter Eleven

Walking through the doors of the small waiting room, Trinity made her way down one of the hallways, searching for the recording studio marked with a three. Julian wanted her to meet him there.

When she found it, she was torn between knocking or just walking in. The decision was made for her when the door in front of her opened. Out walked Garrett Nickelsen, bassist for the Maine. Trinity's jaw completely unhinged and fell wide open. She immediately averted her eyes and removed herself from his path. He shot her a tiny confused grin before walking out.

With her eyes still on his back, she took two steps into the room and whispered, "Holy fucking hell."

Hearing a group of chuckles from behind her back made Trinity's muscles freeze. Fuck.

She turned to see Julian's notorious 'gotcha' grin greet her face first. Behind him was the rest of the bassists band.

Trinity threw up a half wave and mumbled out something that was supposed to be a 'hi', and ended up sounded like nasty cough. Trinity couldn't really find it in herself to care, though. This band was one of her all time favorites, and here they were, just hanging out with her best friend.

Julian sensed that his friend was incapable of speaking due to awe, and stepped forward to help her out. He grabbed her by the waist and brought her front and center.

"John, Kennedy, Jared, Patrick, this is Trinity. By the look on your face, darling, I can tell you know who these lovely fellows are."

She just nodded her head and gave a weak smile, trying to regain some of her barely existent, cool composure. "It's awesome to meet you guys, I love your music! Sorry about my lack of brain cells just then, I was taken by surprise." With that last sentence, she threw a dirty glance and a sharp elbow in Julian's direction.

The guys just laughed and shrugged, " No worries, always lovely to meet a fan."

Trinity grinned and released herself from Julian's hold. She headed over to the long couch in the back of the room to set her things (and herself) down. She stared at her shoes for a second before looking at the men in front of her, still dazed.

"Um, so what's up?"

Everyone laughed and relaxed, spreading out through the rest of the room.

Jared ended up being the one to answer her. "Well, we're putting out a new EP and needed to record one last song. Julian here is doing us a favor by lending us the studio and producing for us. "

Trinity smiled at Julian, "He's great like that, isn't he?"

Kennedy jumped in at this point, "He really is! We've been buddies a while, and he's stayed by me as one of those friends who couldn't give less of a shit about how much money I make every show."

Garrett was just walking through the door and put his input in as well, "Yeah, and he's a huge help when we're in between shows and shit and trying to get tracks written and done. There's been quite a few times that he's helped out when we were in a rut."

Julian's face was burning red at this point from all the praise. He was sat next to Trin, so she reached over to scruff up his hair and coo at him. "Aww, such a sweet wittle boy you are JuJu."

He rolled his eyes and scoffed, catching her round the stomach. "Say that again, and I'll tickle you all the way out of this studio, darling."

She pushed him away with a daring smile and turned to the rest of the guys. They jumped right into a conversation, like they'd been best buddies for years.

Patrick smiled at the two. He caught Julian's eye and mouthed 'girlfriend?' with a thumbs up. Julian's face dropped a bit as he shook his head, mouthing back 'best friend'.

Trinity was so distracted talking to her favorite musicians, she missed the silent conversation between the two.

At some point, somebody realized that they'd spent too much time talking and not enough working. The boys rushed back into the studio to finish recording.

Julian sat at the soundboard with an attentive Trinity by his side as they began playing.

Trinity was entranced. She glanced to Julian, only to find him mouthing the words to the song perfectly.

"Do you know this song?" she questioned, confused.

He shrugged, "Yeah, I helped to write a few lines."

Her eyes widened. "Do you do that often?"

He squinted at her,"Uh yes, from time to time. I have a few friends who sing and write. They like to bounce song ideas and lyrics off me to see what I think and I tend to input a few lyrics."

Trinity just shook her head, leaning against him. "You're insane."

"Hey," he protested lightly.

She giggled, "Not in a bad way. In a really quirky way. It makes you all the better to hang out with."

Julian just grinned. "You think I'm insane and you're still my best friend. I don't think I'm the crazy one in this situation."

They fell to silence for a while, listening to the band do a few takes. After a while, Julian began to sing along absentmindedly.

And if the storm should stop

I'd ask you to dance on some cliche mountain top

We'd share straws at your favorite coffee shop

But life, it ain't no romance novel

She wouldn't ever admit it out loud, but she loved Julian's voice singing this song more than any others.

After the band left, Trinity was left laying on the couch while Julian finished mixing. She sighed, trying to digest everything that happened that night. It was literally a dream come true. A dream come true all thanks to Julian. A grin lit up her face.

"What are you thinking about, dork?" Julian asked. He got up and moved toward the couch, signaling for Trinity to lift her head. She did as requested and he sat down, letting her head fall into his lap.

"Nothing, I'm just really happy." She let her eyes close as Julian scratched at her scalp lightly. She let out a light breath, "Thank you Jules. So much."

His fingers paused at the nicknamed, but quickly resumed. Trinity cracked her eyes open a peek to glance at him. He smiled at her and winked.

"Anything for you, darling."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Song:

Raining In Paris//The Maine

This chapter is just cutesy and adorable because it's Christmas and I love cutesy things so here you go. My gift to you.

Also, dedicated to my lovely friend Sana because The Maine is her favorite and that's the main reason I chose to use them in this chapter. But yeah,

Enjoy! xx

~Alyssa