Chapter Nine

Trinity's surprise trip to the hospital left her with a hefty stack of makeup work on the weekend. The pile was so large, she ended up having to cancel her tutoring session with Julian for Saturday and Sunday.

The fight with her parents had long been forgotten. On her first night home, she had a heart to heart with both her mom and dad. She acknowledged that she had initially overreacted, but she also made it clear that she wasn't going to live her life sheltered just becuase she was sick. In fact, she wanted to live whatever time she had left to the fullest.

After a slight protest, her parents gave in. Trinity was sure squeeze her parents to death and tell them how much she loved them.

Trinity sighed, looking up from her work to check the time. 5:30. She'd been at this for six hours straight and it was taking a toll on her brain. After debating a couple minutes, she decided on taking a break and grabbing a snack to eat.

Reaching over to her side table, she grabbed her phone and earphones, plugging the jack into her cell before popping the buds into her ears. She scrolled through a few of her playlists before clicking on her "Party" one. She was in the mood for cheery tunes. Her face lit up in a smile as Roar started playing.

Trinity stood up shakily, not fully recovered from the past few days, and made her way to the kitchen, shaking her hips along the way. The music was on full blast, breaking through her thoughts and consuming her mind. It was just the way she liked it.

Searching for the ingredients for a ham and cheese quesadilla, Trinity kept up her hip shaking. She twisted in a circle and gave a slight body roll as the chorus came on.

Humming to herself, she focused more on the cooking she was doing for a while. That was, until one of her new favorite songs by Lorde came on. Squealing slightly, she began to rock back and forth and prepared to turn when an unexpected face caught her attention.

Julian.

And he had the biggest shit eating grin on his face that alerted her to the fact that he definitely witnessed her making a fool of herself.

Yanking the earbuds out, she gasped, "What are you doing here?"

He laughed, "Hey, don't stop on my account! I was enjoying your mad skills."

Trin's face burned. "Oh, stop. I know that I was shit just then, but I wasn't being serious alright."

Julian's grin formed into a sincere smile as he gazed at the adorable girl in front of him. She was amazing and she was still so insecure. "You were honestly amazing, Darling. Messing around or not, you're a beautiful dancer."

The genuine smile on his lips was enough to make pride burn through Trinity's chest.

One sniff in the air was enough to make her realize that wasn't the only thing burning.

"Fuck!" she swore loudly, switching off the stove. Her quesadilla was burnt to a crisp. She stared at it longingly as her tummy growled. She twisted to look at Julian with big eyes.

"Julian," she drew his name out. "Will you buy me food?"

He laughed at the immature look that was gracing her features. "Now why would I do that, Trin?"

She pouted, "Because you're my best friend. Pretty please?"

He reached around her to grab the pan with the burnt food so he could trash it. He put the pan in her sink and looked at her fondly.

"I was planning on taking you for food anyways. Go on and get ready, best friend."

Trinity clapped her hands in delight. Grabbing his hand, she led him to her room and instructed him to sit on her bed while she picked out clothes and headed to the bathroom.