Chapter Nineteen

To say that that concert was the best moment of Trinity's life would be a gross understatement. She had not only gotten to meet her idol, but the boy she loved made her feel more special than anybody else had ever made her feel.

She couldn't stop smiling from her place in the passenger seat.

She turned to face the window and took in the passing scenery. They made it out of the city pretty quickly and had been driving with trees on either side of them for a while. The woods seem to get thicker as they went further and Trinity hoped they'd be there soon.

Snores came from one of the bunks and Trinity snorted as she looked back. Sky had fallen asleep about twenty minutes back and kept making odd noises. Sky's face scrunched up unattractively as she let out an especially loud snore. This time, Trinity wasn't the only one laughing. Julian shook his head.

"She's something else, darling. But, I'm glad you forced us to be friendly. She's not as bad as I thought."

Trinity leaned over to flick his nose. "Told ya."

Julian grinned and snatched her hand from his face, brining it to his lips. He held it there for a long while, before dropping it and letting out a massive breath. "You know I love you, don't you?"

Trinity leaned back against her headrest and sent the boy next to her a soft smile. "I would hope that you did after that whole shebang."

He shook his head and kissed her hand again.

"Oh hey, Jules?"

He glanced at her with eyebrows raised.

"Did you know I love you too?"

In the dark lighting, she could still make out the slight darkness that suddenly reached his cheeks.

"Wow, you guys are so fucking cute. I don't know whether to puke or cry at the sweetness."

Julian glanced at her sleepy face in the mirror. "Look, the troll is awake. Did you know you have a bad snoring problem?"

She threw her head back and laughed. "Oh sure, cover up your embarrassment with mean jokes. I heard you though. You liiikke me Julian. I'm not as bad as you thought, huh?"

Julian slumped down in his seat and pouted. "Shut up."

Trinity woke up to brightness shining on her face and a heavy arm across her waist. She glanced back to see Julian's sleeping face. She had no clue when she fell asleep last night and definitely had no recollection of getting into bed. Her body turned carefully until she was face to face with the guy next to her.

She leaned forward and placed kisses on his face, feeling him slowly waking up.

"Hmm," he hummed throatily. "I like your kisses in the morning."

His eyes were still closed when he came in to place a kiss on her neck. One popped open to look at her. "Good morning."

"Morning to you also. Where are we?"

He shifted so he was on his back before replying. "Camp grounds. Got here round two in the morning. You were passed out so I parked and brought you to bed instead of getting the both of you up."

She peeked up at the bunk above them.

She nodded towards it and asked, "Is Sky here?"

Julian shrugged. "I thought I heard her get up a little earlier, but I've got no clue if she came back."

"Knowing her, she's probably already made a bunch of new friends and is on an adventure," she said with a fond smile.

Julian rolled over so he was half on top of Trinity and gave her a real good morning kiss - one that lasted a little longer than a few seconds. "Come on then, lazy bones. Let's get up and join her adventure.