Chapter Twenty Three

“You little slut, I knew you two would get it on eventually.”

Trinity gave Sky a dry look and pushed her into the pool.

The two girls were at Skylar’s house, hanging out, and Trinity was filling her best friend in on all the new things that had been going on.

Sky’s head bobbed up and she spat a mouthful of water into Trinity’s face. Trinity recoiled and shot the other girl a dirty look.

“This is war, bitch.”

She jumped in and dunked Sky’s head under the water, laughing when she grabbed her sides and nearly pulled off her top in the process.

The two of them played for a long time. It was nice to act like kids again. Being young and careless was a feeling Trinity didn’t experience very often anymore. Sky and Julian were the only two that could bring it to the surface anymore.

Eventually, though, the exhaustion that came with her condition caught up to Trinity and she had to call it quits on the fun and games.

While they were lounging on the chairs out by Skylar’s pool, Trin’s phone rang.

“Yeah,” she said brightly.

“Darling, where are you?”

It was Julian and he sounded panicked.

“Baby boy, you okay?”

“I will be when I know where you are!”

Trinity furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“I’m at Sky’s. What’s going on?”

Julian gave a massive sigh of relief. “Oh, thank God. I’m at your house. Your parents aren’t home, and you didn’t answer the door. I thought something might be wrong.”

Trinity laughed despite the fact the situation wasn’t funny.

“I’m fine, Jules. Did you want to come hang out? We’re just finishing up in the pool. We’re probably going to watch a few films or something.”

“So you’re saying I missed the bikini’s?” he groaned.

Trinity laughed. “Unfortunately. Sky looked really hot in hers too. Shame you won’t be able to see that.”

“Total case of hot and dangerous,” Sky added, yelling so Julian could hear.

He laughed and Trinity could hear his car starting up in the background.

“Tell Sky I won’t miss it next time. You, on the other hand, can give me a private viewing later.”

“Not likely Casanova. My parents will be home and they don’t love you that much.”

Julian laughed. “We’ll see. See you in a bit, darling.”

Trinity said bye and hung up her phone. She turned to Sky and saw the biggest grin on her face.

“What?” she said, smiling slightly.

Sky’s grin only got bigger. “You guys are so hot for each other.

Trinity rolled her eyes.

“Shut up, let’s go change and get some snacks together.

Julian arrived just as the girls finished smearing Nutella on a batch of crackers. He walked in behind Sky and his eyes shone.

“My favorite.”

He walked over to Trinity and kissed her on the lips. Before he pulled back, he leaned in closer to whisper in her ear.