Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Learning the History

          I looked at the boy for a couple seconds before I felt the now familiar tug of a similar person to myself. I knew that this indeed was one of the masters of the eggs in my shed. I asked Felix if he knew him.

“Oh, that’s Shawn. He’s one of my good friends,” he just casually replied.

“Invite him over to your house then take him over to the creek I’ll hopefully meet you there with Charlotte,” I said.

He shrugged then went over to talk with Shawn. I walked to my first class and another school day began. Lunch with Charlotte went well and she agreed to come over to my house that afternoon. I hoped that they both would hatch the eggs as I remembered Kilau’s last words this morning.

I don’t know how long those eggs will last.

             I quickened my pace as I climbed aboard the bus just as it started to pull out and took my seat. That afternoon as soon as I got off the bus and it drove away Diego emerged from the dragon mark to stand at my side.

Hurry up we should tell Kilau about what happened when we where away today, Shouted Diego as he started to bound down the drive in leopard form and towards where I knew Kilau was probably waiting for the news of the day.

We met Kilau as she emerged from the forest with a dead mountain goat in her jaws. She informed me that all the eggs were just fine. I told her about the two potential partners that would be coming. It was time to go to the creek; I let Kilau eat then put both of the eggs in her paws then she launched herself into the sky and disappeared over the tops of the trees that surrounded my little house in the woods. It would be hard to convince Shawn and Charlotte that I was telling the truth, but I couldn’t just out right tell them about the dragons this would take serious strategy. Charlotte came down from the road to meet me and I told her there was a special place I wanted to take her first.

               We walked down to the creek with Cora above us and Diego was back inside the dragon mark so as to be with me but not letting his presence known to Charlotte. When we got to the creek Vivian was already there and luckily she’d had the sense to have hidden Hawthorn in the woods somewhere. I guess Felix did the same because he emerged with Shawn from the forest, but without Sarken. I asked the both of them to sit down then I sat down myself.

“Do you believe in things that you’ve never seen before?” I questioned them intently.

“Of course I do,” Charlotte replied.

Shawn just shrugged his shoulders. I sighed and thought for a moment.

“Can you two keep a secret, meaning you can’t tell anyone no matter what?” I asked them quietly. Both nodded their heads like this made absolutely no sense.

“Felix, bring Sarken out first, so they won’t be intimidated by size,” I told him quietly. He nodded and left.

“Look what’s this thing about because I really would like to know, please,” Charlotte said.

             Then with a flourish Sarken and Felix emerged from the forest. Sarken was now the size of a horse. Both gasped with shock very clearly written all over their scared faces.

 “Is that a dragon?” Shawn whispered very softly. I nodded as their backs were turned to Vivian.

Then when they turned to ask me questions, Vivian returned with Hawthorn, who was now as big as Kilau. I called with my mind to Kilau. She had already revealed herself from underneath her changing scales. We all looked up as she came to the ground with a loud thud as her back feet hit the ground. I saw that Charlotte and Shawn were probably getting just a little bit overwhelmed. Just a little bit. Kilau opened her claws and I took each egg out; putting them on the ground for them to see. Shawn was the first to step forward to get a closer look at Kilau, Hawthorn, Sarken, and the dragon eggs.