Chapter 30: Questions and Tales

                  I could feel that defeat in the way he just laid there as I flew off. I knew just where they’d be and I found them just managing to get their way out of the water when I arrived. I saw the dragon one nock a red arrow into a brown bow and I was pleased. This one had good instincts. I knelt down with my foreleg out for them to climb onto my back. What I realized about these two was that the dragon one was definitely a male and I think the second smaller one was a female. They both looked to each other for a moment before hesitantly approached me. I heard them ask me something out loud but all I did was look at them. After a couple minutes of hesitation they both climbed up my leg and onto my back.

                      When both humans were settled I got to my feet. I could see that both were nervous and I chuckled to myself, because they should be nervous. I could kill them in half a second. I raised my forelegs so I could balance on my hind legs. I unfurled my enormous wings and without even asking if they were ready or not I launched into the sky. I heard one of them scream and one of them shout. I rocketed into the sky and I leveled out so I could see the ground clearer. When I saw the clearing with eight dragons in it I knew I was there. Diving to the right I spiraled down and I knew that I almost lost the humans but I was spiraling so fast that they literally had no chance to fall off. With just a couple hundred feet left I unfurled my wings letting me gently land on the ground.

                I knelt and held my foreleg out for the humans to climb off. I saw the male’s eyes light up as he saw the humans climb of my back. After they were off I straightened up into a sitting position just like a cat would sit. With my example Silver Wing sat just slightly behind me to my right. Bright Scale was the same on my left. The other dragons all lined up next to them. Three on one side two on the other. We watched silently as the male dragon greeted his master and his other companion. When they all had made sure each other was alright they turned to us. I was ready to begin.

                   When all was silent I saw the humans start to open their mouths probably to explain and ask questions. I hissed out right. Showing my pearly white teeth really shut them up quick. I felt and smelt fear vibrating from both humans. I watched them for some time when I asked Silver Wing what had happened while I was gone she replied.

No struggle, Star Flower, but we did ask him a couple questions. The only one he would answer was his name. She replied keeping a steely gaze still on the three.

I turned to the male dragon and I asked him a single question.

“What is your name, dragon?” I asked keeping my voice from resonating into a hiss, but I don’t think I succeeded.

“Volc,” was all this dragon replied.

“Well, then Volc, we have some questions for you, but I think we should formally introduce ourselves. Come on out, small-things!” I called to the humans still hidden.

                 Just as I knew they would the humans appeared and jumped down from their dragons. I saw looks of relief appear on the humans face. Vivian stepped forward and talked.

“I’m Vivian, this is Charlotte, Zane, Lacey, Shawn, and Felix,” was all she said gesturing to each of the humans as she said their name.

“Cory and this is Kassa,” the dragon one replied.

My name Cory, Kassa, and Volc is Silver Wing, this is Bright Scale in gold, Night Shade, Sarken, Hawthorn, Azzurro, and Izona. Silver Wing announced.

Wait a minute. We still don’t know who this white dragon is. I thought she said that we would all be formally introduced? Volc spoke through mind speak, because no human could understand the dragon language.