Chapter 27: Transformation

                      I was frozen on the spot with fear then when the tree started to close that’s when I came to my senses. Bolting to the trunk I pounded at the crack that was slowly fading as Jade fell back into the dream state that I had found her in. I felt tears start to well up but I force them back knowing that I at least had hope for myself as well as the others that was all I could ask for. I turned slowly to the others and I knew that I had some serious explaining to do before I could ask anything of them.

                   I turned and faced the others as my mind was bombarded with tons of questions. I held up a hand and all fell silent. I launched a bombardment of memories and images onto their minds so I didn’t have to speak of everything. These images showed exactly what had happened since I had passed out in the clearing and I guess had been taken. Some things were a little shaky and I didn’t really want them to see it but I knew unless they saw what I went through they would never understand. Finally the images stopped to where we were now, I had managed to cut out the part about Jade and the tree just letting them see me thinking on a hunch. That information was on a need to know basis and Gyldi and Izona were presently at the top of that list.

                While my human friends were pondering over what they had seen I had the female dragon sisters come over with me. I showed them the real memories and they just kind of stood there in shock. I replayed the voice of Jade saying all the good things about her daughters. I saw tears starting to drip down as they both let it sink in. I knew that this was the right time so I told them what I could never have told my Kilau. I explained to them about why I had flown us here my plan and how Jade was going to help me. They asked me to go over the plan one more time but I refused and said I didn’t want to risk being overheard again. They consulted with each other and then concluded with a definite nod of their beautiful delicate heads. I smiled and I knew that this was what I wanted. After talking to Jade’s daughters and seeing how much their mother’s words meant to them I was determined to find out what happened to Kilau’s mother.

                   I knew I had exactly three days before I had to meet Jade again. I refused to talk to anyone as I slowed my body function down preparing for the change from me to it and I was totally ready. This was my plan this was my final hour. When the last hour came before I met with Jade my heart rate slowed so much that I was sure I would pass out but my amazing body was just preparing for the transition. With minutes until I rose slowly having been sitting for the past two days I walked to the tree as the others having become accustomed to me sitting quietly for two days didn’t notice till I was just feet from Jade’s tree’s trunk. All around me it got quiet then I felt two minds merge with mine.

I hope you know what you’re doing, Rose. Remember what Jade said about you never going back to what you were. Izona cautioned to me gently.

It was Gyldi who was the biggest help.

I know in my heart that you will be happy here in this forest Rose. I just hope we will be able to cope without our leader. I just wish you could come with us when we leave but I understand that this is your wish and I respect this. I just want to let you know that I will always view you as a friend but mostly as a fellow sister in this world.

Good bye, sister. Her voice grew ever softer as my palm slid onto the smooth cool wood.

                Again the golden light erupted from the tree and the others were blocked out with no way of getting to me.

You have made a decision?

I have, and I delivered your message. I’m ready.

I hope you will be as happy as you expect to be when you become a fellow tree.