Chapter 32: Another Morning

                        I could see he was getting frustrated and I knew that soon he would turn into an angry raging dragon. There was just one way to finally teach him a lesson. Again he dashed at me and I saw the plan in his mind. Right as he almost barreled into me, I dived off the cliff edge. I felt him screeched to a stop as I plummeted to the ground. I stretched my wings letting the soft air current carry me up to the cliff face. I scrambled into the same ledge that I had sat in all night. I gripped the stone as Volc looked over the edge for any sign of me. As he leaned out all the way I roared. Scaring him was the easy part and when he almost fell off the cliff face I was there. I grabbed him by the neck again and flipped him over backwards as I soared up from the cliff I brought him down yet again.

“When will you start fighting back?” I roared at him and he flinched as the words sunk in,” I could have taken your life ten different time just within the last ten minutes. I could have ruined your eyesight with just a flash of flames! You may be a large, strong dragon but you know nothing about battle or strategy. How you managed to keep your master safe is a mystery to me and I have solved more puzzles and complicated situations than you will ever know!”

                 I was roaring the entire time and that’s when I leaped off of Volc and dashed to edge of the cliff and ripped it off as I took flight from the mountain. I glided over the edge for a moment before I shot up watching the part of the cliff I had taken off plummet to the ravine below with a boom. As I flew away from Volc and the cliff that now held bad memories for both me and Rose, I saw the other dragons including Silver Wing and Bright Scale soaring up the mountain face to where Volc and I had been fighting. I flew faster and I flew farther. I sailed out over the forest. As soon as I saw an empty clearing I dived into it. I felt the trees hide me as I backed into the evergreen shade. What was I doing here? I really wasn’t sure why I ran away. Was I scared? Was I angry? Was I disappointed? I guess I was just in shock at how easily I could have taken Volc’s life and that it didn’t seem to affect him in any way what so ever.

                  I raised my head to look at the mountain and I saw all the dragons sitting around where I knew Volc would be. Someone would come looking for me soon I would have to find somewhere to hide for a while so I could think clearly. I knew where I had to go I saw the opening on the mountain. I raised myself off the ground and I launched myself back into the sky. I stuck so close to the trees that I broke some to the taller ones tops off. When I saw the next clearing I dived into it hoping the trees would hide my large body. I just hoped that nobody would see me as I made my way back to the mountain. I waited for a few minutes more than I moved on to the next clearing. Knowing that I had to hurry I was about a mile from the mountain I made a move that I hoped wouldn’t expose my presence. I launched straight up into the sky. Flying faster than I’d ever flown before, I was going straight up into the clouds.

                        I hoped the white clouds camouflaged my scales so I could get to the place where I needed to be before someone spotted me in the clouds. I saw the mountain face coming at me and I saw the crack just big enough for a dragon. Turning on my side I prepared to fly straight through and I spread my wings. I slid through just like I did it every day. As soon as I was safely inside I grabbed the walls with my claws not knowing what was in here or even if there was a floor. All I did know was that I was high enough up that nobody would look for me here. I looked down and saw that just thirty feet below was the floor. I jumped down and landed with the usual thud and click-clack. I looked around and I saw that it was very spacious about the size of half of the big cave where the other dragons slept. I saw that besides the crack that I had gotten in from there was another opening in the cave where I could leave from normally. I knew that I would have to widen the crack so if I had to escape I could.