The past

/Jungkook when he was 19 years old/

"Will you accept my heart and be by my side?" Jungkook confessed shyly holding a bouquet of red roses.

She was standing on one leg with her arms across her chest.

She raised her eyebrows when she heard his confession. She looked at him disgusted.

"I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way. Stop wasting your time on me and stop writing love letters to me, you're only wasting paper." Yebin said coldly and walk away leaving poor Jungkook broken-hearted.

This is the fifth time Jungkook had been rejected by his crush. He was upset nonetheless heartbroken.

Never mind Jungkook this is not the end. I just must try harder. He thought to himself forcing a smile.

"How did it go?" Jimin asked.

Jimin is Jungkook's childhood best friend.

Jungkook just let out a heavy sigh staring down at the flowers in his hands.

Jimin pats Jungkook's shoulder and gave him a comforting smile.

"Look man, it's not the end of the world. Why do you fall in love so easily and get your heart broken so easily? Don't give up. You can do it! I got your back!" Jimin smiled.

Jungkook shrug his shoulder and smile sadly back to Jimin throwing the flowers in the bin.

Flashbacks

"I like you." Jungkook confessed for the first time.

The girl just walks away leaving Jungkook dumbfounded.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Jungkook smiled shyly.

"Uhm I... have a boyfriend." Nana said nervously.

"I got to go; my boyfriend is waiting for me." She walked away so fast not even turning back to look at Jungkook.

"Oh." Was all Jungkook could answer as he stares at her back.

It had been rejections after rejections, but he never gave up. He believes that if you like someone you should tell them before it's too late. That is what his brother taught him.

~~~

After Yebin coldly rejected Jungkook. He made a vow to himself that he would never confess to anyone anymore. Unless he really found the right one, but he doesn't know anything about 'Miss.Right'.

"Jimin be my witness I want to make a vow."

"And what is that?" Jimin eyed him suspiciously.

"I won't confess anymore! Not till, I found the right one!" He said crossing his right hand across his heart.

Jimin busted out laughing. "You better." He said in between laughs.

/end of flashback/

/A Year Later/

Jungkook came to school with his mother and older brother. Today is Jungkook's graduation day. A few minutes later, Jimin arrived in school with his parents.

"How was your summer break?"

Jimin asked as they took a seat at the auditorium.

"It went great. I did part time job as a barista. How was yours?"

"I work as an editor for this famous magazine and my story was featured in the front page of the cover!"

"Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!"

**

Their school director Mr. Lee walked towards the stage and stood in the center of the room, clearing his throat to get the attention from the graduates.

"Good morning graduates and parents. I am very honored to be standing here with you to give youㅡ

"Congratulations on your graduation today and I hope you continue to work hard whenever and wherever you go. Happy graduation!" Mr. Lee ended his speech and left the podium.

They applaud and it was now time to give out their certificate.

After the graduation ceremony ended, Jungkook walked behind the auditorium to join with his mother and older brother.

"I'm so proud of you my son." Jungkook mother hugged him tighter as tears filled her eyes.

"You've work hard, Jungkook. Congratulations on your graduation" His brother pats his back and gave him a bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks, hyung!"

"Which University are you planning to go?" Jimin asked Jungkook after they took pictures together.

"S Uni."

"Same."

My first BTS Fanfic~

written on September of 2016

republished on 18 may 2019