We lost a loved ones

"I'm home!" Jungkook shouted but it was quiet.

"Where did they go?"

He went to the kitchen and there's a note plastered on the fridge door.

Jungkook-ah, jaehyuk and I went to visit your father. We will be back soon. I had already prepared your favourite food. It's beside the microwave. Preheat it first okay.
-mom

"Oh right, today is 25th of June. It's father's death anniversary."

Flashbacks

"Jungkook-ah. Come here. Help me unload all these cabbages." his father said.

"Okay dad. Wait a minute. I'll take an umbrella."

It was raining heavily when his father was unloading the cabbages to the store.

He was wearing a raincoat, but it is not enough, he was still drenched from the downpour.

Jungkook went out and helped his father. After they are done, his father suggested that they go out for dinner after the rain has stop. It was his father's birthday today and they went to a fancy restaurant which is just a few blocks down their house.

It was only the three of them. His father, older brother and him. His mother had to take care of the store because it is the weekend, the store will be bustling with customers.

They ate and had small talks with each other. It was the first time they talked so much.

The night was getting darker and colder, so they decided to head back home.

But that night was cruel to them. They were walking at an alleyway where there are not that many people there.

The road they usually take was under construction, so they had no choice but to walked at a dark alley way.

"Dad let's walk another way. This alley is scary." Jungkook whined holding his father's hand tightly.

"Don't worry I'm here to protect you and your brother, okay." His father said messing with his hair. He held his hand tightly.

"Hand's up! Give me your money." A guy in black shirt, black ripped jeans and a white mask asked.

He was holding a knife and pointing it towards them threateningly.

"Put the knife down and I'll give you what I have just don't hurt my sons." His father said taking out his wallet.

"Sons, get behind me now." His father ordered and they listened.

The guy snatched his father's wallet and took out all his money.

"What! You only have this much?" The mask guy asked dumbfounded.

"That's all I have. Now please don't hurt us." His father said calmly.

"No!" He shouted.

Gesturing his knife to his father's pockets.

Jungkook was trembling with jaehyuk beside him. Jaehyuk held his hands tightly and kept telling him everything's going to be alright.

Jungkook wanted to believe him but the masked guy got closer to them.

"Run and don't ever look back." His father senses the danger and asked them to run away.

"We're not leaving you." Jaehyuk said.

"Now!" His father screamed and Jaehyuk dragged Jungkook to run away with him.

"No dad! No!!!" Jungkook screamed at the top of his lungs.

Jungkook turn around, his father was fighting the masked guy, but he stabbed his father on the hips.

His father fell to the ground, clutching onto his stomach.

He was breathing in a sharp breath as he tried to steady his breathing.

"We need to go back hyung. We can't leave dad there. Look!" Jungkook screamed pulling jaehyuk to a stop.

Tears were streaming down his cheeks as he sobbed uncontrollably.

Jaehyuk stop to turn around and he too, was on his knees, his hand slowly let's go of Jungkook's.

"No..no no no no dad!" Jaehyuk cried out in agony when he couldn't find a pulse on his father neck and arm.

Jungkook shook his father but he wasn't moving anymore.

The mask guy had already run away. It was raining heavily, and they were drenched in the rain.

That day was the most tragic day of their lives.

They lost a loved one.

End of flashbacks