No choice

"Hyung, you got to help me. Please!" Daemin, daeil younger brother said, his voice quivering as his hands shook.

He was in prison for fraud. But daeil knows that his younger brother would never do such a thing.

"What happened? Why are you behind bars?" Daeil asked.

"I was framed hyung. Someone framed me. I'm scared, I don't want to be in here." Daemin said through the telephone. His eyes desperately searching around the place.

"I'll do anything to help you. Just bear with it for the time being." Daeil said with his palm on the glass window.

"Okay. But hurry I can't stay in here anymore." Daemin said as he places his palm on the glass window too.

His face was bruised, and his mouth were bleeding. His hair is messy, and he had a black eye.

"Oh no, my poor brother, what did they do to you?"

Daeil cried staring at his brother's face.

"alright, I'll call for a lawyer okay."

"Hyung do everything you can, please." Daemin pleaded.

With that, they ended the call and daeil went out. He felt miserable watching his brother being treated unfairly.

But he did not have enough money to even call for a lawyer.

He was desperate and because he wanted so badly to release his brother from prison, he called for a lawyer Mr. Park knowing he was broke, he had no choice. His brother comes first.

He just must find money somewhere later. What's important to him now is to get his brother out of prison.

"I'll help you win this case Mr. Kang." Mr. Park said as he extends his hand forward.

"Thank you, Mr. Park." Daeil said and shook his hand.

He was so desperate that he lost his mind that night. It was a cold night. He wasn't himself.

He waited at a dark alley way.

His subconscious asked him to rob a bank or rob a passer-by but his conscious telling him that he should never do that.

He followed his subconscious that is telling him to rob a passer-by. He waited at a dark alley way holding a knife in his hands while wearing a mask to conceal his face.

At that moment, he saw a man with his two sons. He went towards them and said "Hand's up! Give me your money." Daeil shove the knife at the man. His hands trembling.

"Put the knife down and I'll give you want I have just don't hurt my sons." The man said taking out his wallet.

"Sons, get behind me now." The man ordered his sons and they listened.

Daeil snatched the man's wallet and took out all his money.

"What! You only have this much?" Daeil found himself stupid for doing this but he couldn't turn back, he already did it.

"That's all I have. Now please leave." The man commanded sternly.

"No!" Daeil shouted his eyes frantically searching around the man and gestured his knife to the man's pockets.

Daeil went closer to look at his pockets but the man misunderstood and thought that daeil was going to hurt him.

"Run! And don't ever looked back." The man ordered his sons and they ran away.

"No dad! No!!!" His younger son screamed.

Daeil don't know what came into his mind as he started fighting with that man.

He was strong, too strong and daeil had no match for him at all.

That's when he stabbed the man on his hips.

The man fell to the ground coughing out blood.

The man hands were on his hips and breathing heavily. Daeil was scared and ran away before someone catches him killing the man.

It was raining heavily, and he screwed up, he was supposed to rob the man not kill him.

He ran to the other side of the alleyway leaving that man on the ground bleeding profusely.

"What have I done?" He said panting heavily, his hands on his knees trying to catch a breath.

"Did I kill him? Is he dead?" He asked, not believing it himself.

He felt guilty of his actions.

He went home to clean his hands because there were covered in that man's blood.

He was pacing back and forth in the room thinking about that incident makes him insane. He became a beast.

"Dad why are you walking back and forth?" Eunji asked his nervous wreck father.

"Nothing Eunji-ah. It's late. Go back to sleep." He said and kiss Eunji's forehead.

His face became pale and his hands were trembling in fear.

He was haunted by the recurring image of the night he stabs the man.

A month later he receives a called from Mr. Park. He told him that the case was successful and Daemin was released from prison.

Daeil felt thankful to Mr. Park for helping him win his brother's case. He wanted to turn himself in, but he did not because he was too scared.

"Mr. Kang, can you work overtime tonight?" Mr. Min his manager said.

"Sure."

"There's so much supplies for the store and I need you to clear some for me. Thanks, Mr. Kang."

"No problem."

It was already 2 am, he had another 3 hours before he can sign off from work.

He had a bad feeling that something is going to happen to him, but he shrugs his shoulders and continue to monitor the stocks at the storeroom when suddenly the fire alarm rang.

He dropped everything and ran towards the door, but the door was locked. He panicked and trembled in fear.

"What is happening? Help! Help me! Anyone out there!" Daeil shouted banging on the door repeatedly.

"No one is going to help you. You are going to die here. Twice worse than what you did to my father!" A guy voice said on the other side of the door.

"What? Who are you?" Daeil asked taking a step back from the door.

"Die asshole."

Soon, the door handle got too hot for him to touch. Daeil tried to break the window but he failed.

He tried different methods, but everything failed.

He was coughing and covered his mouth with a cloth. He gave up and sat at the middle of the room.

"Eunji-ah, I'm so sorry. Eunjung-ah, I'm so sorry, please take care of Eunji for me." Daeil said with teary eyes.

"This is what I get in return for killing that man. I deserve this." He said and close his eyes. Soon the room was on fire and a shelf collapse on him.

He was holding a key chain that has the alphabet E on it.