Butterfly effect

It's been a year since their father's death and it's not been easy for Jungkook, Jaehyuk and their mother.

Their mother had to sell off the food stall and they had to rent a small apartment because the debtors kept on asking their mother for money.

If their mother didn't give them money, they would destroy the food stall and they even lose customers. Nobody would eat at their restaurant anymore.

Since their father passed away, he had so much of debts under his name.

They didn't know their father had so much of debts. They had no choice but to sell off the store and moved out.

They rented a one room apartment on the outskirts of the city and jaehyuk had been the breadwinner for the family. he quit school for his family.

They suffered so much physically and mentally.

They are not financially stable and jaehyuk had to take three jobs, but the payment is still not enough for the three of them.

Every month the landlord would ask them for money to pay for the rent, but they had not enough for themselves either.

Their mother was sick since then and her condition had worsened, and it made them worried even more.

Jungkook wanted to help and find a part time job but his brother doesn't allow him to.

His brother wanted him to study hard while he will help with all the finances.

Although it's hard, life must go on. Jaehyuk often reached home almost midnight.

He worked as a pizza and newspaper delivery in the morning and he worked as a bartender at night.

Whenever he reached home, he will be too tired, and his body had too many pains relieve patches.

"Hyung let me work, please? I want to lessen your burden; I don't like seeing you coming home tired and sore. Let me help you, hyung." Jungkook pleaded, he pitied his brother and wanted so badly to help him support their sick mother.

"No, don't make me repeat myself. You are not working. Focus on your studies I can help pay for your studies. If I live and you're still studying, you are not allowed to work. Do you understand!" Jaehyuk sighed massaging his temples.

He was tired from the excessive work he had and closed his eyes laying down on the couch.

He had to quit school, his exams were just around the corner, but he had no choice, to him, now, what is important is to make money and find a cure for his mother's sickness.

"Okay. Hyung, you are not like before. Where is the cheerful hyung I once knew? Can you be your cheerful self again?" Jungkook asked sitting beside his brother and looking at him.

"The old me is dead. Live with it." Jaehyuk replied coldly and stood up to his room, slamming the door shut.

Jungkook sighed sadly and walked to his mother's room to check on her.

"Mom, your fever is getting high."

He stared at his mother's pale face and shaking body, feeling sorry for her.

He wishes that the sickness would go to him instead of her, she doesn't deserve this suffering. Watching his mother like this, breaks his heart even more.

"Mom, it's time to take your medicine." Jungkook said giving his mother paracemol and a glass of water.

"I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. I wish I can take your sickness away. I don't want to see you like this. It breaks my heart, mom." Jungkook sobbed.

"Son, it's okay. When you are old, you can't avoid all this sickness. I can manage." His mother said weakly.

His mother took the medicine and went back to sleep.

"Thank you, son." His mother mumbled.

"I'm so grateful to have you Jungkook. You and your brother."

"I love you, mom."

"I love you more, kookie."

His mother said and slowly close her eyes to sleep.

When his mother is already asleep, Jungkook tears fall.