I got to move on

He went to school the next day. He still felt guilty for lying to his mother, but he had no other choice. His brother had made him to promise.

"Jungkook, finally you're here." taehyung said patting his shoulder.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be." Jungkook forced a smile. He sat next to Jimin and Jimin looked at him worried.

Jungkook faked a reassuring smile and nod at him.

Eunji had been observing Jungkook. She finds him not paying attention in class and often looked gloomy.

"Kookie are you alright?" Eunji asked during lunch time.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" Jungkook answered playing with his food.

"Hey, you looked horrible I know a place you will feel better." taehyung said with his mouth full.

Everyone looked at him and he said, "after school I'll take you there."

"You're sure you're okay. What happened at home?" Jimin whispered next to him.

Jungkook heave a heavy sigh and put his chopsticks down.

"I'll get going." Jungkook said and stood up as he lost his appetite to eat.

"Wait let's go together." Eunji said.

"No. I want to be alone." Jungkook answered and walks away.

"Hey! Did you find the things?" yoongi asked when he saw Jungkook walking out of the cafeteria. He looked up and walks away.

"What's wrong with him?" yoongi said out loud.

After school

"Jungkook, you're coming, right?" taehyung asked.

"I can't. I promise my mom I'm coming home straight after school." Jungkook replied walking out of the school gate.

"Why? You're not avoiding us, right?" taehyung asked pouting.

"No. I really promise my mother. Bye. I'll get going." Jungkook said and walked away.

Taehyung waved him bye and went inside back to school campus.

"Where is Jungkook? He is not coming?" Jimin asked.

"No, he said he needs to be home." taehyung pouts.

"We should do something to cheer him up." Eunji said.

"Yeah. But what should we do?" taehyung asked.

Eunji looked at Jimin.

"What?" Jimin asked confused.

"You know what I'm thinking?" taehyung said smiling to Eunji.

"I know what you're thinking." Eunji replied, her eyes never leaving Jimin.

"What? Am I the only one didn't know?" Jimin asked.

"Jimin... we need your help. You know a lot about Jungkook right?" Eunji asked.

"Yeah."

"Then let's..." Eunji started explaining her plan to taehyung and Jimin.

"Oh, will that work?" taehyung asked a little sceptical.

"Of course, it will." Eunji smiled.

"Then let's do it." Jimin clasped his hands together.

**

"Mom I'm home!" Jungkook said trying to sound cheerful.

"Oh, come here, let's eat. I just cooked." His mother said.

His mother had been holding onto jaehyuk picture and crying.

"Mom. Don't cry. It's not like Hyung is not coming home." Jungkook lied.

Again, he lied to his mother.

"I know. But I miss him. When will he be coming home? Did he tell you?" His mother said weakly hoping that it won't take long.

"I don't know." Jungkook said looking down at his bowl of rice.

Never... He is never coming home.

"He didn't even tell me before departing. How can he do this to me." His mother said crying.

"Ah~ Mom don't cry. You have me." Jungkook said hugging his mother reassuring her that she is not alone.

"I'm sorry. I burden you kookie." His mother said sobbing.

"No. Mom you are not a burden. You are my responsibility. I will take care of you like Hyung has and always be there for you." Jungkook said crying on his mother's shoulders.

They cried on each other's shoulders.

To be continued....