memories of when we were young

"Mom?" Jungkook dropped the glass of water as it spilled on the floor, pieces shattering around him.

His mother fainted again at the kitchen. He had to called for an ambulance and his mother was admitted yet again.

His mother had been lying unconscious for three days straight. Jungkook is worried and sat beside his mother for the past three days.

"Mom wake up! Mom..." Jungkook shake his mother lightly. He cried even more when his mother did not wake up.

"Jungkook, I've told you; your mother can't be shocked. Her heartbeat is getting slower. She has to rest for the time being and if she wakes up please take good care of her." The doctor said.

"Thank you, doctor. I will take care of her."

He sat beside his mother and held her hand in his.

"mom... what are you shocked about?" Jungkook asked lightly caressing his mother cheeks.

**

"Where am I?" Jungkook mother asked looking around the room.

"Mom, you're awake! You're at the hospital. You're been unconscious for four days now. Mom, are you okay? You had me so worried when you fainted." Jungkook asked worried was all that was shown on his face.

"I'm fine. I want to go home." His mother said.

"Let me ask the doctor first if you are allowed to go home." Jungkook said and walked out of the room looking for the doctor.

"Doctor my mom had woken up. Can she go home?" Jungkook asked.

The doctor went inside the room and checked his mother first.

"Yes. She can. Remember what I said Jungkook-ah." The doctor said, giving Jungkook's shoulder a light squeeze. Jungkook nods his head and helped his mother up.

They went home it was already afternoon and he had not been to school for a while and had been missing out a lot. He doesn't want to leave his mother considering her condition.

"Jungkook-ah. You should go to school. I can take care of myself." His mother said.

"No, mom you fainted four days ago, and it can happen again any time. What if you fainted again when I'm in school who is going to bring you to the hospital? Who is going to take care of you?" Jungkook was concerned and worried for his mother.

"I can take care of myself. Trust me. You should go to school. Education is important. Don't be stubborn." His mother said.

Jungkook did not answer and went straight to his room. He was upset his mother did not let him stay at home to take care of her.

He decided to take his mind off things and find the missing puzzle piece of the item his brother wanted him to find. He took out the wooden box and read the piece of letter.

How did you like it? Haha. This is the last items I want you to find. Use this key to open it. I'm down and under a dark place. Room temperature of 25°. I've been here for quite a long time. It is dusty down here and dark. I'm somewhere is this house under the blankets. Please hurry I'm scared.

"Dark and under? Under blanket? Dusty? Where could it be?"

Jungkook thought to himself.

"Must be in Hyung's room?"

Jungkook thought to himself and went straight to jaehyuk room.

He looked under the nightstand. "Not here."

He looked inside his drawers and wardrobe. "Not here either. Where could it be? Blanket?"

His eyes shifted to his brother's bed and looked under it. It was dark and hard to see so he uses his phone flashlight and light up under. "Uh huh! There you are." Jungkook exclaimed and took the red box with a pink ribbon out.

It was indeed dusty and there were spider webs around it. Jungkook dusts off the box and open it with a key.

He sat down at his brother's bed and put the box beside him. He opens the box; his eyes went wide, and tears suddenly stream down his pale cheeks.

It was pictures of him when he was a baby till, he was 17 years old. It was when they were playing guitar and singing together.

Dancing to Big Bang Fantastic Baby and eating choco pie with crumbs on his lips. They were laughing and having so much fun.

There's a note that read;

Kookie remember all these? I sure do. It was when we had so much fun. I kept it for when you graduated high school, but I forget to give it to you since I was busy with work. Kookie did you remember, when you were little, and you cried because you can't reach the iron man toys on top of the shelves? You know who did that? It was me. Hahaha. I'm sorry our play time was short. I'm sorry to keep you in the dark. You may be hating me right now. I'm sorry. Kookie, please take care of yourself and mom for me. This may be the last letter I've ever written to you. I may have to go somewhere far and will never come back. You know why? Because that's just how it is. Kookie, with this money that I've saved and bank book that I made for you, it will be enough for the both of you till you grow up and can earn a living. Please eat well and I love you. Don't forget me, your cool brother.

He cried reading the heart-warming letter. Jaehyuk knew from the start that he was going to leave. Tears streaming down to his pale cheeks and drop on the piece of note.

Flashbacks

"Hyung I want to play the guitar." 7-year-old Jungkook pleaded to his brother.

"Come here. I'll teach you." His brother said.

Once he learned how to play, they played together. Their parents became their audience and cheering for them.

Jungkook was playing the toy guitar while his brother played the acoustic guitar. The sound produce was harmonious, they played all through the night.

"Hyung, play fantastic baby." The 11-year-old Jungkook pulled on his brother's shirt.

His brother smiled and played the song and they danced to it till the song finished and Jungkook would ask to dance again. He is never tired. He was like a dancing machine so full of energy.

They sang together and played well together. Their parents would praise them and cook for them Korean beef for their rewards.

End of flashbacks

"Hyung, you idiot. Why did you do all of that? Why did you have to leave us? Why?" Jungkook covered his eyes and cried. He was sobbing and had difficulty breathing.

"You didn't have to...

To be continued....