Chapter 3

After I explain everything to Lacey, she looks at me like I was insane. "A-are you sure it was the Joker? It could have been someone dressed like him.." she says. "I'm positive it was the Joker. I would know that voice anywhere, and the scars.... It was definitely him." I say. "But...why would he help you..?" she asks. I think about that for a second before answering. "That, I don't know. But he said he would see me later.." I say. Why would he say that? What does he mean? I think to myself. "What do you think he meant by that?" she asks, sounding worried. "I don't know.." I whisper. My stomach does back flips whenever I think of him. The way his hand felt when he pulled me to my feet. Oooh, you like him! No, I don't! Yes you do! Shut up brain! I don't like the Joker! "I should go," I say, "I have to work tomorrow." Lacey stands when I do and hugs me, saying "Okay...just be careful. Its late, are you sure you want to...?" I smile and nod my head. "Im positive. I'll be fine, don't worry about me." I say as I walk out the door. I look around for any signs of danger and find none, so I walk back home.
When I get there, I find My window open, and a single rose on my bed. I already know who it's from, but no idea why he left it. I quickly change clothes and climb into bed, letting sleep claim me. That night, I dream of the Joker.