Chapter 11

"He killed your brothers!?" he shouts. I nod my head. "I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna-" he says, before I cut him off. "Don't worry about it. He's already dead. I killed him the night he killed them. Then I ran." I say, looking at my feet. "Plus, why do you care so much. You're the Joker. I didn't think you'd care so much about what happened to someone in their childhood. I mean..." I say, kind of confused. "Well...uh..You see... You're my uh friend." he says, looking down. "You sure that's the only reason?" I ask, somewhat serious, somewhat playful. He glares at me. "Yes I'm sure." he snaps, getting up to leave. "Okay, okay geez, I was just kidding." I say. He walks out of the room, leaving me alone.
___________________

*Joker's POV*

I walk out of the room, leaving her alone for a moment. I don't like her, I don't like her. I repeat in my head. Yes you do! You looove her! No I don't. Yes you do! "Ughh!" I shout. She's messing with me. She's getting to me and I shouldn't let her. Why does she get to me like this!? Why!? I know why. Because you love her! Nope! Not possible! I don't love her! "Joker...?" I hear her say softly behind me. "Yeah?" I reply, not turning around. "I...I know what you're feeling right now. I know what you're thinking.." she whispers, walking closer. I turn around and lock eyes with her. "What do you mean, doll?" I ask. She looks down at her feet. "I can feel others emotions. And hear their thoughts, if I want to..." she mumbles, closing her eyes. "And I uh, I can make you hear what I'm thinking if I need to." she whispers, finally looking up at me. "Okay...so that means you heard the argument I was having with myself..?" I ask, she nods her head and I feel my cheeks turn a light shade of red. "Oh.." I say. I look into her eyes and see them changing color. "Umm...are you trying to change your eye color?" I ask, cocking my head to the side a little. She looks at me, a confused expression on her face. "Uh, no...why?" she asks, sounding worried. "Because, doll, they're turning blue." I say, chuckling. "Hmm... That's odd..." she mutters. I chuckle, and grab her hand, pulling her back into the living room. "Lots of things about you are odd, doll." I say, smiling at her.