Chapter 6

"Joker, what are you doing?" I ask quietly. "Well, uh, I wanted to see how you were doing after all that uh happened yesterday." he replies. "I-I'm fine. Everything is fine." I lie, looking at my feet. "Are you sure?" he asks. "Yeah." I whisper. "I have to go, I have to work." I whisper, trying to push past him and leave. "Whatsa matter, doll?" he asks, stopping me. "Nothing, I just...I had a dream. Well, a nightmare. And you were in it. You said you knew what i did. I tried to ask what you meant but you just left. Then I saw you shoot Dakota again. And you were laughing at me." I say looking down. "Emily?" he whispers. "Yeah?" I mumble, looking up at him. "Don't cry." He whispers, wiping away a tear I hadn't realized was there. "Sorry.." I say. He smiles a little and says, "What do you have to be sorry for, doll?" I look down and whisper, "Crying." Its silent for a second, then I feel arms wrap around me. He's hugging me.. The Joker is hugging me. "C'mon, you're not going to work today." he he says. "Wh-where am I going, then?" I ask confused. He chuckles lightly then says, "My place." Then he picks me up and runs to a van he had parked around the corner. He puts me in the passenger seat then goes around to get in. He starts the van and pulls away from the curb, smirking slightly.