Chapter 16

* Emily's POV *

As I'm laying on my bed listening to my music, there's a knock at my door. "Who is it and what do you want?" I ask from my bed. "It's me, dollface." Joker says. I groan, "Come in.." I say, sitting up and turning my music off. He opens my door and walks in quickly. "What do you want?" I grumble. "Well, I want to know what happened yesterday. I told you to use your power's and to watch out for the Bat. What happened?" he asks. I look at him, then at the floor. "Well, I was watching for the bat, but he snuck up behind me and caught me off gaurd. I tried using my power's, but I couldn't. I guess my powers don't work when I'm surprised.." I say, still looking at the floor. He walks closer and takes my chin in his hand, tilting it back up so that I make eye contact with him. "Well, doll, it looks like Batman has one up on you." he says chuckling. "And so does every other villain.." I grumble. "You may need to work on keeping your guard up. We don't want that happening again, now do we?" he says, looking into my eyes. "O-okay.." I say, looking at him, realizing just how close we are. I can feel his breath on my lips, my heart beat quickens and my cheeks heat up. "You okay, doll?" he asks, seeing my face turn slightly red. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." I stutter. He chuckles, "Oooh! You like me!" he shouts. "What!? N-no I don't!" I lie. "Doll, I know when someone is lying and that was I lie. You do like me!" he says, laughing. I feel my cheeks turn a darker shade of red. He lets go of my chin and i look at the ground again. He looks at me, "Whatsa matter, doll?" he asks. "Nothing." I say, looking up at him. You want him to kiss you! No I don't! Yes you do! Shut up brain, stay outta this! He grips my chin again and forces me to look into his eyes. "I'm gonna ask again, what's wrong?" he says, leaning closer. "N-nothing" I whisper. I lean closer to him. He chuckles lightly then kisses me. I'm shocked for a moment before kissing back. When he finally breaks the kiss I'm blushing even more. He chuckles, "Oooo! You loooove it when I kiss you!" he says. I smile slightly as he smirks at me. He kisses me again and I melt. Then we hear an annoying, squeaky voice shout from downstairs, "Puddin'! Where are you?" He quickly pulls away, breaking the kiss. "Harley!" he hisses. I look at him and giggle. "What's so funny?" he asks. I smile, "Her voice." I say chuckling. "Yeah, yeah. Get up and go downstairs. I'll be down in a second. Harley doesn't know you're here, she was in Arkham when I brought you here." he says. "Okay, what if she asks who I am?" I ask. "I'll handle it, now go." he says, rushing to his room to do something. I run downstairs and bump right into Harley. "Oh, I'm sorry, Harley." I mumble, looking. "And who are you?" she asks, sounding angry. "Oh I'm Emily.." I say, smiling. "Mistah J!" she shouts. I try to walk around her but she grabs my arm. Joker comes downstairs and looks at us. I pull my arm free of her grip. He sighs, "Hey Harley." he says. "Puddin' who is she?" she asks pointing at me. "I hired her, she's a new henchman." he says. "But Puddin'..." she whines. "Harley, do not question me!" he shouts. She flinches away from his angry tone. He walks away and she glares at me. "You stay away from my Puddin'! He loves me and he is mine!" she shouts at me. Damn she's annoying. "Yeah, yeah whatever." I say walking away. She scoffs at me and walks to Joker's room and disappears inside it. A few minutes later she comes into my room holding her hand to get cheek. "This is your fault, you little slut!" she shouts walking closer. I stand up and she goes to punch me but I block her hit then throw her against the wall my powers. "Do not fuck with me, Harley. I can do things you would have never dreamt of doing. Get the hell out of my room!" I growl. She stares at me with a shocked expression. "How did you do that?" she asks. I glare at her, "It doesn't matter how I did it. Now get out" I shout at her. As she's getting up Joker walks in. "What's going on?" he asks, looking at Harley. "She hit me Mistah J!" she says, fake pouting. "Oh I did not. You came in here yelling at me about how it's my fault he hit you, so you tried to hit me. I blocked your hit and threw you up against the wall." I say, looking at her, then Joker. "Looks like you deserved it then, Harley. Maybe you shouldn't, uh go messing with people stronger than you." He says before walking out. She glares at me, then leaves. Well this is gonna be fun, enemies with Harley Quinn while working for The Joker. Perfect.