Chapter 15- Apologize

Weeks had passed since the incident inside the Arashi house and Mao is still heartbroken. It was already expected for her to concentrate on work just so she could momentarily forget about the pain she is still experiencing. Good thing there were a lot of projects and deadlines she had to meet that kept her pretty much occupied.

For Mao, today was just another busy day but never did she know that one particular guy would again shake up her world.

***

It was already past noon and Mao was still at her office. All the other boutique persons were already having their lunch while Mao chose to continue doing paper work. Half an hour had passed and only when Mao heard her stomach grumble did she realize that she hadn’t eaten lunch yet.

“Sorry, baby. Mommy just got a little carried away with work. I wouldn’t want to starve you so let’s eat.” Mao caressed her stomach that’s already trying to show. She was still in her strawberry binge so it wasn’t a surprised that her packed lunch was full of this particular fruit.

Mao was just about to pop one dainty red strawberry when she heard a load shriek coming from the boutique. Thinking it could be an emergency situation, she immediately dropped the fruit she’s holding and dashed through her door. The scene that greeted her was something that’s truly unanticipated.

Matsumoto Jun of Arashi was inside Hime’s Kiss, bearing a large bouquet of roses.

***

A few minutes before, while Mao was busy working inside her office, the staff people of the boutique were busy enjoying their lunches. From experience, it was during this particular time of the day where almost no customer enters the shop. People were expected to be eating their lunch as well. Much to the workers’ surprise, a silver Porsche parked in front of the boutique. They even ceased eating when an extremely good looking man with shades on stepped out of the car. The female staff got very excited when the said man brought out a bouquet of roses and walked towards the office.

Normally, only the security guard and the staff person nearest the door would greet the store’s customers. In this case, it was as if the whole female population of the workers in Hime’s Kiss gathered around the door to greet this particular person.

“Irasshaimase!” The girls chorused.

Jun was surprised with the hospitality of Mao’s store. No wonder this one’s part of the top fashion stores in Tokyo.

“What are you looking for, sir?”

“Dresses? Shoes? Bags? Accessories?”

“What style do you prefer, sir?”

“Our latest feature is the Lolita style, sir.”

“Will this be for a gift, sir?”

“We have perfect gift ideas for women of all ages, sir.”

Jun was bombarded by questions and suggestions from the female staff. What bothers him more is that with each question, the girls also took a step closer towards him. His DoS side wanted to push them all away but the fact that these people were all under Mao kept this thought at the back of his mind.

“I’m looking for Inoue Mao-san.” That simple statement made the ladies back off a little.

“Do you have an appointment with Inoue-san?” One staff replied.

“Inoue-san does not take walk-in clients for her customized designs.” Another one added.

Yabai. I probably should have called first. Silly me for barging in without a plan. Jun did another mental slap to himself. Guess I have to charm my way out of this mess…