Chapter 4- The Game Begins

“Don’t you miss this, guys? I mean making a grand entrance and getting all the boys attention by just walking pass by them? This is so much like our old days!” Becky exclaimed beyond the music after telling the bartender their orders.

“I know right! I miss having this kind of attention. I’m honestly getting sick of the attention I get as a lawyer. All the hate and intimidation kinda gets into my nerves. It’s really a good thing Mao-chan decided to call this night out.” Maki-chan agreed.

“Well I badly need this kind of attention. Isn’t it obvious from what I’m wearing?” Mao laughed and then felt someone occupying the empty seat beside her. Maki was at her right while Becky was on Maki’s right. “Mind if I join you, ladies?” the guy who just seated beside her asked them. “Not at all.” Mao replied.

“Well then, hi! I’m Nino. Ninomiya Kazunari. May I know the names of the ladies whose drinks I shall buy?” Nino flashed his sweetest smile at Mao.

“I’m Becky!” she waved at him quickly.

“My name’s Maki. We should probably get on the dance floor. Enjoy yourselves!” Maki hurriedly grabbed Becky’s arm and dragged her towards the dance floor, leaving Mao and Nino.

“Guess I’m only buying drinks for you, miss..?”

“Inoue Mao.” Mao replied, tucking lose hair strands behind her ear.

‘She looks too cute!’ Nino couldn’t help but smile at this thought. “Well then, one Virgin Mary for me and Inoue-san.” Nino called out to the bartender. “You wouldn’t mind, do you?” asking Mao for her opinion on the drink.

“I’m perfectly fine with anything. So tell me, Nino-san, what brings you over here?” Mao-chan asked as she moved closer to Nino

“Well I couldn’t think of anything to answer your question besides your beauty. Frankly I was mesmerized by it.” Nino answered in a straight-forward manner, enjoying their closeness to each other.

“That was quite an honest answer.” Mao was surprised at the compliment the person in front of him just told her. Their close proximity allowed Mao to study this guy named Nino a little further. She clearly was charmed by her innocent-looking face and boy-next-door smile. This person’s more likely to be just her friend but who cares? If he’s flirting with her, then why not? Mao-chan’s objective of obtaining attention has visibly been attained.

The two continued taking and laughing, basically flirting shamelessly with each other, much to the other Arashi boys dismay. Nino clearly knows his way around girls. However, Sho wouldn’t just let the brat win tonight.

“Guess it’s my turn already in this game of ours. Wish me luck!” Sho winked at his three best friends and left them as he headed towards Nino and the prize.

“Glad you’re enjoying yourselves. Mind if you introduce me to your new found friend, Nino-chan?” Sho grinned at Nino upon reaching the bar.

“Mao-chan, this is one of my best friends, Sakurai Sho. Sho, this is Inoue Mao and as you may have seen, I’ve recently met her in this bar.” Nino reluctantly introduced his friend to Mao.

“Nice to meet you Mao-chan. You look stunning tonight.” Sho took hold of Mao’s hand and kissed it, holding eye contact with the stunning lady.

“Nice to meet you too, Sakurai-san. Are you and your friends really this much of a sweet talker?” Mao asked with twinkling eyes that could have melted Nino and Sho right then and there.

“As for me, this ability of mine only comes once in a while especially if I meet such a lovely young woman like you, Mao-chan.” Sho’s compliments for Mao were just overflowing.