Chapter 5- Dancing in the dark

While Jun was making his way towards Mao, girls couldn’t seem to get enough of him. Flirtatious smiles and touches welcomed him as he passed by. One girl even made a brave move and acted as if she was about to fall in Jun’s direction. However Jun clearly has no plan on falling for this girl’s trap so he just ignored her and let her fall, much to the girl’s dismay. Luckily another guy caught her and they started their own love story. Jun was determined to win the lady in red. Aside from owning the girl, he was keen on showing the Arashi boys on how the ‘lover boy Jun’ does his magic on women.

When he reached the bar, Jun stood in front of Mao and extended her hand to her. “May I have this dance?” Jun flashed his most romantic smile at the lovely lady.

Mao wasn’t expecting the guy she was eyeing earlier to invite her to dance. “Guess he’s also interested with me after all.” Mao thought.

Usually Mao wouldn’t just dance with people who casually ask her to dance without even introducing themselves first but this one was an exception. His gorgeous smile hypnotized Mao and without even thinking twice made her say yes. “You won’t mind, will you?” She turned towards her four newly found guy friends, asking their permission first.

“Not at all.” the rest of Arashi answered in unison.

“Well then, ja ne!” Mao waved at them first before taking Jun’s offer to dance.

Mao would be a hypocrite if she would say that she wasn’t attracted to this man who’s holding her hand and leading her towards the dance floor. For a few seconds there, she seemed to be absorbed in taking in all his dazzling physical features. Again she caught herself gazing at his eyes. His dark brown eyes were exuding an air of mystery. His eyebrows were shaped into almost perfection. His lips were full and curvy, looking very much desirableto Mao’s perception. Even the moles near his lips did not go unnoticed to her gaze. Good thing Jun was concentrated on leading her towards the center of the floor or else he could have caught her ‘oogling’ at him.

Mao was quite taken aback when she suddenly felt Jun’s hand circle her waist and slowly pull her closer to him, making them face each other. She was clearly lost for a moment when their faces became only inches apart. Her heart beat rapidly like it was going to jump out of her chest any moment when Jun flashed his pearly whites at her.

“So… Having fun tonight, milady?” Jun asked the lady as he started to move her. He was rocking slowly, in tuned with the music at that moment.

“I definitely am.., Mr. I-do-not-know-your-name-but-I’m-enjoying-the-way-you-dance-me.” Mao replied hastily.

“My apologies, milady. It is quite rude of me to not introduce myself. I guess I was just in a bit of a haste to have this dance with you that’s why I forgot. Matsumoto Jun, at your service.” Jun made himself known to the lady, complete with a slight princely bow.

“Are you really this formal with the other ladies? Honestly, this display of courteousness is pretty refreshing. However, I still find it a bit unnatural, don’t you think? I think it best if we just talk like normal people, right?” Mao really did want make a point. “And oh, I’m Inoue Mao. I guess you can call me Mao just like what your friends addressed me.”

‘A hime needs an ouji. That’s why I’m being courteous to you. But I guess you want to play dirty, my hime…’ Jun reasoned with himself, showing a naughty grin.

The club was playing a classic which called for a slow dance. Jun took both of Mao’s hand and put it around his neck. They were swaying to the rhythm of the music, getting closer and closer to each other with each step. Soon, their closeness allowed Mao to feel Jun’s breath on her cheek and Jun to hear Mao’s heart pounding.