1. (!)

Niall's POV

The annoyingly loud and repetitive buzzing from my alarm clock was what pulled me away from one of the most blissful and luxurious things in life; sleep. I blindly reached over to grab my buzzing phone from my nightstand, letting out an annoyed sigh when I realised that I had already slept through two of the alarms that I had set for that morning. 

I was desperate to roll over and fall back to sleep. The mere thought of waking up and exposing myself to the cold air outside of my bed was terrible enough to convince me that remaining in bed would be the healthiest option, though I knew that my parents wouldn't see it in the same way that I did. 

My parents were two of the most overbearing and work obsessed people in the world. They worked for some company that I didn't care enough to know anything about and from what I had gathered, they were both pretty high up in the business. The business that I was intended to join as soon as I was old enough. 

As their jobs were so incredibly important, the two of them were more consumed in their jobs than they were with anything else in their lives.

Myself included.

I wasn't particularly sure if they loved me like they were supposed to. I seemed to be more of a trophy used for bragging than a son to them. They were always more interested in my performance in school over anything else in my life. Yeah, I had good grades but I wasn't that nerdy kid at school that didn't have any friends because I spent too much time with my head in my textbooks. 

Saying that, I wasn't particularly popular either. To be fair, I was tolerated enough to be left alone by those people who I didn't consider my friend and everyone seemed to accept my personal space. Well, almost everyone, that is.

Letting out an annoyed huff, I rose from my bed and made me way to the bathroom, cursing the cold air that hit me as soon as I exposed, but made no other sound as I proceeded to get ready for school. 

Thankfully, my parents were either too busy getting ready themselves, or they had already left, as I saw no trace of them as I got myself ready and hastily exited my large house. 

~

Walking into the school building on a Monday morning was a bitter feeling, as you willingly gave up your freedom in favour of being trapped in a room with other teenagers who probably hated you underneath the fake smiles they give you and everyone else.

My only two friends were standing around in front of our lockers, seemingly in the midst of a conversation. Louis and Leigh-Anne, possibly the two only people in my life that I would never want to be without. There was not a single moment where I wasn't glad to have Louis' loud and often unnecessary comments or Leigh-Anne's fiery personality. 

The reason why Louis and I got on so well because we were both incredibly different, yet somehow still the same person. We were able to bring out both the best and the worst qualities in each other and he was almost like a brother to me. With the family I had, I could sure do with having someone I could consider family. 

As for Leigh, there was no way of telling why she was my friend. She could very easily be that typical popular girl that steals hearts and breaks them whenever she could. Both incredibly beautiful and charismatic, she would fit in so well with the cheerleaders, so it was confusing to see that she spent all of her time with Louis and I. 

I greeted them as I headed to my locker and began to grab my things for my first class, hearing them mutter their replies, though I was too focused on finding my books to properly hear what either of them had said.