15.

Niall's POV

"Hurry up. We're going to be late," Louis let out, giving me a look as I opened my locker. Louis seemed to love coming to my locker before we both headed to class, which was usually fine for me, unless of course he rushed me when he knew I was already under enough pressure as it was. 

"Well, sorry. I wasn't aware that you gave a shit about getting to class on time," I replied, giving him a smug look when he rolled his eyes.

"I don't but I know that you do. You're the one that has to deal with your parents, so by all means take your time, doesn't bother me," he shrugged.

"Whatever. I don't care about what they have to say anymore," I sighed, shutting my locker and turning to look at him.

"Speaking of, how did they react when they found out you're 'single' again?" he asked.

"They don't know. Think we're still together or something. We don't really speak about him that often, so it's not exactly hard to hide it from them," I shrugged, walking towards our class.

My parents and I rarely spoke as it was, let alone talk about a subject that's sore for all of us. They tended to avoid the word 'gay' like was a disease. In their eyes, it kind of was.

It had been exactly a week since Harry and I last spoke. It felt weird to not have him follow me to my classes and calling me those ridiculously cheesy pet names. As weird as it felt, I didn't really care that much anymore. I knew better than to waste tears over someone else, particularly someone as annoying and self-absorbed as him.

I no longer felt the need to be upset about it. He wasn't my real boyfriend so my feelings for him shouldn't exist, they shouldn't evoke sadness. If anything, I was angry. Angry at the wasted time and energy I had spent on him and not in any way, shape or form, was there even a slight bit of sadness.

Hopefully I learned to believe that. 

What really annoyed me was that he seemed to move on straight away. I get that he didn't possess any actual feelings for me, so it wasn't as if he had to be upset that we were no longer together but the rest of the school thought what we had was real.  Would it kill him to at least pretend he was heartbroken for the sake of keeping our relationship realistic?

No one was going to believe he really liked me if he was seen with some attractive brunette girl the day after we had called it quits. If that wasn't enough, people would really question our feelings when Harry is spotted with a new person hanging off his arm every single day.

~

"Hey, you're Niall, right?" I turned to see a good looking, brown haired male standing behind me. Being the hormonal teenage boy I was, I was immediately drawn to how attractive this guy was.

Of course I had seen hotter but this guy wasn't very far behind the curly haired brunette that refused to leave my mind, even after acting so horrible to me.

He was quite tanned, his hair was soft and light brown and his caramel brown eyes seemed to stare straight into my soul, as cliche as it sounded. He was only a couple of inches taller than me, which wasn't much considering how short I was but it wasn't a complete turn off.

"Oh, u-uh, yeah," I awkwardly stuttered out, mentally face palming as soon as the words left my mouth.

The guy laughed, obviously amused at my awkwardness and I would have been mad if his laugh wasn't so nice to hear.

"I'm Zach," he introduced.

"Oh, you're in like, three of my classes, right?" I asked, immediately recognising the name.