12.

Niall's POV

I awoke the next morning without a trace of a hangover, considering I barely drank anything at that party, this made perfect sense. Jade however, was going to feel like absolute shit whenever she decided to wake up. That is, if she ever did. I knew that she slept until the late hours of morning as it was, so I didn't have the slightest clue what time she was going to wake up in the state she would be in.

I assumed that my parents weren't at home yet again, as I heard the absence of any noise coming from downstairs. I was thankful for that, I really didn't want to see them. More so now than usual. 

Shaking my thoughts away, I got out of the bed and grabbed some clean clothes, before slowly making my way into the bathroom. I tried to shower as quickly as I could. For some reason, the almost scalding hot water didn't feel as nice as it usually did. Perhaps it was because I was thinking way too hard for the morning, regardless of the shower being the best place to think.

Why was I suddenly being so nice to Harry? Why was Harry suddenly being so nice to me? The shift in our behaviour was strange, we weren't supposed to start being nice to each other for no reason. Though I had no idea if Harry had motives for no longer treating me like shit or not, considering I couldn't exactly ask him or read his mind.

Sighing, I reached up to turn off the water, shivering at the sudden wave of cold air that hit me as soon as the hot water disappeared.

I got dressed in the clothes I had brought into the bathroom and brushing the blond hair away from my eyes, realising that it was in need of a re-dye, the brown roots were becoming a little too noticeable for my liking.

I walked back into my room, rolling my eyes at the sight of Jade, who was still passed out on my bed. I made my way downstairs to find painkillers, not really knowing how Jade would react to the hangover.

Once I had located the pills, I grabbed a couple and a glass of water, walking back upstairs to my room. I made my way over to Jade, placing the glass of water and pills on the nightstand and gently shook her in attempts to waking her up. When she didn't even stir, I rolled my eyes and more forcefully tried to wake her. 

Eventually, she groaned loudly and opened her eyes. She looked up at me, holding onto her head and glaring through her half closed eyes.

"What is wrong with you?" she muttered angrily, sitting up in an attempt to seem more intimidating. 

"Not my fault you decided to drink so much," I shrugged, motioning towards the painkillers on the nightstand. 

"Dick," she groaned again, reaching for the two pills and taking them, letting out a sigh as soon as she had finished the water.

"How much did I drink, exactly?" she asked me, thankfully seeming to have calmed down from her initial annoyance.

"I don't know. One minute you were fine, next minute I got back to find you..." I trailed off, not knowing whether to tell her what I saw or not.

"Find me doing what? Niall, what did I do?" she asked, staring at me wide eyed.

"You were um, kissing someone. A girl," I admitted.

"Oh," she sighed, her usually tanned face had gone rather pale. She took her bottom lip between her teeth, seeming genuinely concerned. 

"Jade...do you like girls?" I asked her.

"No. Maybe. I don't know. I just-- never really thought about it," she let out, her shoulders tensing as the words left her mouth. 

"So then what happened last night?" I questioned.