4. (!)

Harry's POV

I pulled up outside of Niall's ridiculously large house. I couldn't really believe that I was there, to be perfectly honest. I wasn't exactly the kind of person to do Niall favours, yet for some reason I had agreed to help him and at this point it was a little too late to back out. 

 Sighing, I grabbed my phone and sent Niall a text to tell him that I was outside. We had organised for him to meet me outside so we could discuss what we had to do before having to face his parents.

Shortly after I had texted him, I felt my phone vibrate with his reply. He didn't say anything aside from okay, which let me know that he was on his way out.

I saw his front door open, revealing the small figure with blond hair, and watched him walk down the unnecessarily large driveway and towards where I was standing. Once he was standing in front of me, he leaned up and pressed his lips against mine. 

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked as he pulled away, not seeming fazed by the kiss. By that point, it was a feeling that I was very much used to. Though I had to admit, being in public was considerably strange. 

"Just act all flirty and annoying, like you usually do but make it seem like you actually give a shit about me," he told me, his voice rather blunt.

"Want me to call you baby or something?" I asked. Even though Niall and I had been hooking up for ages, the idea of using pet names was practically unheard of, they were just too affectionate for what we were.

He thought for a moment, his lips forming a thin line before he nodded, seeming considerably pained at the idea. Perfect. 

I followed him back up to his house, grabbing his hand in mine as we walked, tangling our fingers together as though the two of us were the perfect couple. Although there was nothing truly affectionate about this, it seemed as though we were experts in fake dating by the way we were acting.

"Mum, dad. You remember Harry," Niall said as soon as the two of us were inside. 

For a second, I forgot that Niall and I used to be friends but something told me that his parents had no trouble forgetting the fact that I used to be such an important part of Niall's life. His parents' clear hatred for me wasn't obvious back when we were kids but now it was nearly impossible to be oblivious to the tension.

"Nice to see you again, Harry," his mother managed to force out, giving me a fake smile. His father said nothing, he just stared at me with a disgusted look that wasn't really much different from the looks his son gave me quite regularly. 

In a true, good boyfriend fashion, I pretended that nothing was happening to avoid starting drama too quickly. Looking over to Niall, I noticed that he was biting his lip quite harshly and staring intently at the floor as if he was wishing that this was not happening.

"Well, Harry and I will be in my room if you need us, " he finally breathed out, making no effort to make eye contact with them. They said nothing as he turned and made his way to his room, silently telling me to follow.

I watched his retreating back for a second, my eyes scanning his frame and grinning as a sudden idea appeared in my head. I reached over and slapped his arse, him freezing at the contact. I didn't hit him hard enough for it to hurt but I guessed he could feel his parents glaring at us.

I smirked, stepping forward to grab his hand and allowed him lead me up to where his room was. His hand tightened in mine, in a way that I knew suggested he was annoyed. Exactly what I wanted. 

As soon as he had shut the door to his room, he ripped his hand out of mine and sat down on his bed.

"You're such a pervert," he hissed at me as I stood by the door. His bright blue eyes were narrowed in obvious annoyance, which was pretty much the only look I was used to getting from him.