16.

Harry's POV

"Hey, Harry," I heard Liam's voice call out loudly from behind me. The girl that was standing beside me had decided to kiss my cheek and leave as soon as she had heard Liam call my name out, knowing that I most definitely would not pay attention to her now that we weren't alone anymore.

"Hey, Liam," I replied as soon as the girl disappeared.

"I assume that you've seen Niall's new guy?" he asked, giving me a look that seemed way too sympathetic for my liking.

Of course I had seen Niall and his new boy. Turns out that the guy Niall was talking to by the lockers that one day wasn't just a one time thing.

While most people, myself included, thought that this guy was just going to be a quick fuck to forget about me, Niall had other plans and he had been hanging off of this guy's arm ever since what we had stopped. 

"Course I have. They're all people are talking about," I rolled my eyes. I wasn't exactly sure why I was getting so heated by the thought of Niall and his new relationship. It wasn't in my place to be angry, not to mention I couldn't be jealous. 

"It's alright, mate. Things will get better eventually," he looked at me sadly.

It kind of amused me that Liam was still under the impression that what Niall and I had was real. Perhaps it was my fault for not actually telling him what was going on but I took pride in the fact that I was able to convince my best friend otherwise.

"I'm okay, Liam. I've forgotten what it feels like to even be with him. I'm already over it," I shrugged.

Okay, so maybe I hadn't forgotten how it feels to be in a relationship with him. There were days where I wanted to go up and talk to him in the hopes of getting some sort of adorably annoyed reaction from him, or secretly thinking of how good he looked with his hair in a certain style. 

Though I knew that I couldn't have those kinds of feelings for him, even if we were still fake dating. I couldn't like him like that and it was for the best that we stopped the 'relationship' before it was too late.

It had been a couple of weeks since Niall decided to move on with someone else. Two weeks and three days to be exact. I wanted to be mad at him but I was doing the exact same thing. 

I hadn't even spoken to Niall since our 'breakup,' so I didn't know the details of his new relationship. All I knew was that they had been out on a few dates and had been pretty much inseparable since then. The guy had been following Niall around ever since they had started talking, walking him to class and shamelessly flirting with him.

Just like I used to do.

They were obviously dating, or at least beginning to, as they would stare at each other with that stupid expression, they're always laughing at some stupid joke together and when they weren't doing any of those, they were kissing.

Niall could either do the mature thing and avoid me or he could be childish and flaunt his new romance in my face as if I really cared that he had moved on. It seemed obvious as to what option he had chosen, as every room I entered, he and his boyfriend seemed to be.

I wasn't jealous, just really annoyed.

I still kind of missed hanging around him, though. I missed the bantering and the intentional flirtatious comments in order to anger him but since I knew all too well that we wouldn't work out, I had to stop that from happening.

"Are you sure? It's okay if you're still upset about it," Liam spoke up, effectively distracting me from my thoughts. 

"I guess I just knew that Niall and I wouldn't work. No point fussing over the inevitable."