13.

Niall's POV

"Niall, you're going to be late for school," my mother's harsh voice snapped at me as soon as I had entered the kitchen. For once, she wasn't exaggerating and I actually had gotten up later than usual. There was one thing on my mind that prevented me from sleeping. The same thing that had been occupying my thoughts a lot.

Harry. 

It seemed as though mine and Harry's non sexual hangout had caused things to seem even worse. It put this image of Harry being one of my friends into my head.

I hadn't been around Harry without doing something sexual in so long and what scared me the most was that I really liked it. Which was bad, as it meant my feelings for him were getting stronger. That they were more serious than I thought.

Zayn's constant comments made me feel like I was being way too obvious with my feelings and I didn't want to think of what would happen if Harry were to discover how I really felt about him.

I let out a breath, pushing all thoughts about Harry to the back of my head, deciding to think about my confused feelings later when I wasn't under the judgemental watch of my mother and father.

"Sorry, mother," I replied bitterly, not even bothering to look at her.

"What have we said about being disrespectful?" dad piped up, giving me a firm look.

It had occurred to me that I had been so much ruder towards my parents, though the strange thing was that I felt literally no remorse towards it. I assumed it was the practical part of me that told me that they didn't deserve my respect.

I didn't reply to him, I just turned around and began to get ready for school, figuring that I would put up with the lectures later.

~

Surprisingly, I had enough time to stall at my lockers before class, which meant that my parents overreacted. As always. Although I kind of knew that would happen. My parents always made things seem so much more dramatic than they needed to be.

As I walked into the building, I saw Harry standing a little further from where the rest of his group, which was kind of strange. I rarely ever see Harry away from his friends, I wasn't even aware that he knew what alone meant.

He hadn't even noticed me yet, he was too caught up with whatever was on his phone, his face screwed up in concentration and I wasn't even ashamed to think that he looked cute whilst doing so.

Seeing as though Harry was always the one to initiate public displays of affection with me, I decided that it was time for me to return the favour. I let out a breath and approached him, reaching up to kiss him softly, wrapping my arms firmly around his neck. It was rare for us to kiss like this, which was why it felt so much more different for me. Sure, making out with Harry was amazing but kissing softly brought out a whole new feeling in me.

"Hi, babe," I said as I pulled away, feeling the stares from all of the students that were surrounding us, reminding me that Harry and I weren't a real couple and that having these kinds of feelings towards him was wrong of me.

"Hey," Harry muttered, lightly pushing me off of him.

Sure, Harry wasn't the most affectionate whilst we were on our own but he always made sure we looked like we were in love whilst people were around. He didn't say anything else to justify his action, causing me to frown as he walked off.

His behaviour confused me. Of course, Harry and I weren't actually dating, nor were we friends, so distant behaviour wasn't the strangest thing in the world, but things went well yesterday and I felt like maybe things were changing for us.