28 (!)

Niall's POV

A few days had passed since Harry's surprise visit. I was happy to say that Harry had put more of an effort into talking to me since then. It became almost a habit for him to be hanging around my locker in between classes and although the affection remained minimal, he would still find some ways to innocently touch me . 

Louis had conveniently forgotten about telling Harry that I missed him, though judging by the look in his eyes as soon as it was mentioned, he remembered every damn detail.

Harry was being surprisingly good at keeping his plans a secret from me, so I had no clue what was going to happen between us. As he had mentioned before, he barely knew anything about romance, so he could have planned anything. I couldn't really say that I minded because my lack of romantic expertise meant that my expectations weren't exactly high, so there wasn't much of a chance of me disliking whatever he had planned

In an attempt to stop myself from thinking too much, I nearly doubled the time I spent studying, which was good considering I was nearly on the verge of falling behind, which I blamed entirely on the people around me.

I praised every single higher force I could think of that my my parents hadn't found out about my plans to get back with Harry because I could guarantee that they would do anything they possibly could in order to stop me.

~

Harry's deep voice calling my name out was what distracted me from my conversation with Leigh-Anne. An action he had done many times before but it never failed to make me feel some kind of way.

Leigh seemed to realise that Harry was implying he wanted to talk to me, so she quickly excused herself, flashing me a wide smirk as she walked off, most likely going to tell Louis.

"You alright, baby?" he asked, easily catching up with me, slowing his pace in order to walk close to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. If Louis told you anything--"

"Louis didn't tell me anything. Perhaps I'm the one who misses you this time," he shrugged nonchalantly, which I envied, seeing as every time I were in a situation like that, I would have been bright red.

"I'm picking you up at seven tonight," he added when I remained silent, taking in my reddening cheeks and grinning.

"Okay. What are we doing?" I questioned.

"You're going to have to wait and see, I guess," he smiled teasingly, amusement glowing in his bright green eyes.

Saying I was surprised at his reply would be a lie but that didn't stop me from rolling my eyes as though I was expecting a different answer.

"You know I hate not knowing things," I told him, my voice almost coming out in a whine. 

"Well, that's the whole point of a surprise, sweetheart," he countered smugly, quite obviously fuelled by the way I was reacting. 

"I'll see you tonight, baby," he grinned, quickening his pace as he walked away from me.

"Stop with the pet names," I countered, feeling a few students turn to look between the two of us, no doubt hearing the way Harry loudly addressed me. No one had seen us interact since we had ended things last time so they were understandably shocked.